G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fresh 06' IP Coupe -- Looking for Tips / Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Fresh 06' IP Coupe -- Looking for Tips / Suggestions!

Hey everybody, just got my (realistic) dream car. It's an 06' IP Coupe with only 66k miles! Woot!

I'm looking to add some of the premium features on my car (such as the auto-adjust rear view mirror) and some other OEM parts. What are your guys' main go-to sites for OEM and/or aftermarket parts? I'm trying to avoid bogus websites or knockoffs.

Also, I don't have the Bose premium sound system, but I would have upgraded the sound system anyway-- does not having the premium really affect anything since I don't have the full 8 speaker system?

Annnd if there is anything that you guys have come across over the years that you found was a great little add-on, or fun accessory for your G35. I'm going to have to put some research into keys and entry, audio setup, interior lighting (tasteful neon), shift boot/****, maybe a dash trim kit etc etc. Any suggestions would be helpful!

And last but not least here she is!

Last edited by mjfenix; 07-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Not having Bose is actually better, but not any cheaper. Still gotta buy the dash kit (ONLY go jdm here. Do NOT get the metra kit. It's garbage). The jdm kit is almost $400 tho, so its gonna take some dough to get the kit, a HU, and an amp. Speaker upgrade is suggested too, but because you don't have Bose you can do it piece by piece cuz you don't have to deal with that garbage Bose amp.

The following users liked this post:
mjfenix (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 03:25 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I agree with Wembley, JDM faceplate and an aftermarket HU first. Then you can replace the speakers and amp as you go along. You will hear a HUGE difference just by getting rid of the POS Bose HU. Great looking car! Congrats! First G I have seen in a while that looks great with the chrome grille.

mjfenix (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Alright alright! Thanks for the info. Definitely will get the JDM faceplate. I'll upgrade the system itself slowly, but making sure I get the right parts. Better to take time to do it right than rush and screw it up. After I buy the dash kit and the HU, I should invest in the amp and sub first and then continue adding speakers from that point on yeah?

And thanks for the the compliment! I've always loved Ivory Pearl. I debated between it and one of the nice blue colors I see from time to time. The rims are very much like what I was going to put on in the first place-- Racing Hart C4 Multipiece. With the chrome (and I usually hate chrome), and the slightly-off white, it just makes for a really classy look. But with a fairly quick engine. Loving it! You guys have any certain particular websites you like to visit for parts?

Last edited by mjfenix; 07-15-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the Driver Forums Mjfenix!

Congratulations on finding a very clean IP coupe! Looks like you have the sound system down, you've been given very good advice! Shift **** and boot, I got this one for you...Marketplace under vendor classified look for SXEXCX (Sean) he sells several very cool shift ***** and boots that will put a smile on your face the minute you slide behind the wheel...works for me! Before you get too far into the mod scene attend a few meets and check out what other members have done with their G35 coupes. This includes all mods inside and out, especially exhaust systems since you need to hear them in person, vids won't give you the true sound. Good Luck Mjfenix & Enjoy the Ride!
Gary

mjfenix (07-17-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by mjfenix
Alright alright! Thanks for the info. Definitely will get the JDM faceplate. I'll upgrade the system itself slowly, but making sure I get the right parts. Better to take time to do it right than rush and screw it up. After I buy the dash kit and the HU, I should invest in the amp and sub first and then continue adding speakers from that point on yeah?

And thanks for the the compliment! I've always loved Ivory Pearl. I debated between it and one of the nice blue colors I see from time to time. The rims are very much like what I was going to put on in the first place-- Racing Hart C4 Multipiece. With the chrome (and I usually hate chrome), and the slightly-off white, it just makes for a really classy look. But with a fairly quick engine. Loving it! You guys have any certain particular websites you like to visit for parts?
Honestly, I find subs unnecessary, but it depends on what yer into. I just have a 4-channel amp powering my speakers and it get unlistenenably loud at around 1/3 of the total volume. If you gotta have the thumping, then a sub would be necessary. I listen to sleaze rock tho, so I don't need that.

mjfenix (07-17-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Congrats and welcome

mjfenix (07-17-2015)
Old 07-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Congratulations on finding a very clean IP coupe! Looks like you have the sound system down, you've been given very good advice! Shift **** and boot, I got this one for you...Marketplace under vendor classified look for SXEXCX (Sean) he sells several very cool shift ***** and boots that will put a smile on your face the minute you slide behind the wheel...works for me! Before you get too far into the mod scene attend a few meets and check out what other members have done with their G35 coupes. This includes all mods inside and out, especially exhaust systems since you need to hear them in person, vids won't give you the true sound. Good Luck Mjfenix & Enjoy the Ride!
Gary
Thanks for the shift **** and boot referral. Think I'll get that brushed aluminum-- really nice. And yeah, I'll start looking out for some east bay / nor cal meets! And thank you all for the very warm welcome!!

Old 07-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
I have a pioneer x940bt for sale with XM satellite tuner original box wiring and cables

Old 07-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Albanian122
I have a pioneer x940bt for sale with XM satellite tuner original box wiring and cables
Appreciate the offer but I'm alright for now, thanks!!

Old 01-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i never knew ip g35 were made i thought they started after 07 or later cool ride yo

mjfenix (01-17-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Nice clean car. Don't touch a thing exteriorwise

mjfenix (01-17-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What rims are on that white g? Beautifulllll.

mjfenix (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 06:25 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Axis Penta or something very similar.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by forestzemel
What rims are on that white g? Beautifulllll.
Hey man, they are: XIX05 Wheels from xixwheels.com

Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fresh 06' IP Coupe -- Looking for Tips / Suggestions!