G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2004 g35 can't start

Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 g35 can't start

Hello everyone,

Please help, my knowlegde in car isn't the highest. I wanted to come on here first so I can avoid the mechanic.

My car was working fine all week. Then one night I turned on the car. It started and then automactically shuts off. happen about 3x. now it just cranks but doesn't start. The RPM meter doesn't even move. stays at 0. i have about 3/4 tank of gas. and a 1 year old battery. Please help. Base on doing research. I've came arcoss crankshaft, cam sensor and feul pump. Not sure why my RPM is reading. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
make sure your grounds are good - then check for codes. Also check the cam/crank sensors. When the engine is being cranked you should see some RPM output.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Crank sensor most likely since there's no RPM showing while engaging the starter. This is a very common problem on these cars.

If you're not a car person you're probably going to have to bring it to someone to have it checked out and repaired unless you're willing to spend some money on a set of common ratchets and typical hand tools to do the job yourself. The cost of the tools will probably be cheaper than the cost of labor from bringing it to someone to have the work done and then you'll have the tools forever to use on other jobs in the future.

If it's the crank sensor, that's actually supposed to be real easy to change on our cars. If it's the cam sensors those can be a little more work but still not hard.

Don't just start throwing parts at the car though... you need to find out what the problem is first.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.