G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

static charge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
static charge

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the tremendous amount of static electricity. It seems that every time i get out of my car adn touch metal, say a door, i get shocked. some of the times i am talking zapped where you can see the spark. I look like a beaten puppy dog sometimes anticipating the shock when i come to a door anyone else with this issue, any solutions?

Old 02-24-2005, 07:53 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, got that problem too, although it depends of what I'm wearing. Usually wool sweaters make it worse. One thing to note though, is that you must be careful when filling the car with gas. Someone had sent a movie not too long ago, where a girl started filling her car with gas, got back in the car, got out and when she touched the nozzle, the thing sparked and ignited. So be careful.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:55 AM
i hear that i try to "discharge" on the roof before i start pumping

Old 02-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by fusco9
i hear that i try to "discharge" on the roof before i start pumping
That doesn't sound very lady like...

Old 02-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by fusco9
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the tremendous amount of static electricity. It seems that every time i get out of my car adn touch metal, say a door, i get shocked. some of the times i am talking zapped where you can see the spark. I look like a beaten puppy dog sometimes anticipating the shock when i come to a door anyone else with this issue, any solutions?
Used to happen to me all the time until I figured out how to stop it. When you get out of your car, keep your hand on the door while you get out (preferably a metal part) and you shouldn't get shocked. Works for me anyway...good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.