G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Splashguards standard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splashguards standard?

About a month ago, someone mentioned that splashguards were going to be changed from optional to standard equipment on all G35 coupes. See the below thread....

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...fpart=all&vc=1

Has this happened yet? What is the status on those who recently received their car (splashguards still optional or now standard)? I'm curious if my F order (due end of May) will have them or not.

Thanx,

G35 Coupe/Silver/Graphite/6MT/Prem.Pkg./BSM - late May delivery.

Doug.

Old 05-10-2003, 09:59 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Splashguards standard?

i had a C order, i've had the car for almost 2 weeks now
I saw about 10 in my dealership's online inventory.
Only about half had the splashguards, so i dont know whats going on man. Mine came with the splashgaurds and they told me they were "required"

What my thinking is...it is only required on custom orders of non-fully loaded cars.....but then again thats just a theory, the splash gaurds are OK dude, they arent amazing, and they certainly do not suck, they are inbetween, so im fine with it

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 05-10-2003, 01:41 PM

Mine was built in March and did not come with the splashguards. I have been thinking about getting one though.

Old 05-10-2003, 08:23 PM

Accuview,

Get the splash guards now! They will change your life..... I just picked them up today after waiting since November 4th! I respect Rambo's opinion, but they are more than just "in between". I think they add a lot of more personality to the car plus they are functional. From day one I wanted them, but unfortunately had to wait for their availability. Go for them, you won't be disappointed!

Old 05-10-2003, 10:33 PM

I have a "Q" order for June and the dealer said no way on the splash guards being standard. Not sure I will get them for later install.. I believe they may be a cool option but for the $ there is not much plastic involved for me... More wash and wax time for me... but I love taking care of my special rides..

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

49872-LBD.jpg

Old 05-11-2003, 11:13 AM
JPJ

I have an 'R' order w/o splash guards. When the dealer placed the order there wasn't a requirement for the splash guards. I'm SO grateful that they weren't required. I absolutely hate the way they alter the smooth lines of the car. I guess if you're into adding all sorts of body cladding, ground effects, etc., you may like them, but I don't want any of that stuff on my car. Same goes for BSM. If they were required, I would remove them from the car as soon as I park it in my garage.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by JPJ on 05/11/03 08:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>