G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just bought Nismo and Sold my Injen Exhaust, any pics of tips after 6" extension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought Nismo and Sold my Injen Exhaust, any pics of tips after 6" extension?

I just sold my injen, it was too loud for my taste, i have test pipes, and headers waiting, with the headers my car would of been obnoxious. Looked fn awsome but oh well. I just picked up nismo sways and the nismo exhaust from a buddy who just traded his 350z in. The sways look like quality pieces as does the exhaust. I love the sound of the nismo exhaust and i was wondering how far do the tips actualy sit under the bumper without doing the extension... It looks like it would be a difficult weld to re-do the tips 2 inches out, would any muffler shop be able to do this???

I am really curious to see pics of any Nismo exhaust installed on the G.... With the 6 inch pipe and the extended tips or without the tips extension. ive done a few searches and came back with nothing other than people telling people to get the fuji instead. the nismo exhaust sounds exotic, cleaner than any other exhaust, totaly diff that the fuji even tho similar designs, i hope i can get this all set up good. thanks!

Sorry for the repost but im very interested in what it looks like becuase if its not going to be easily modded to fit i might be sellin it...

Old 02-26-2005, 02:57 AM
i think nismo are made by fuji

Old 02-26-2005, 02:25 PM
nissan motorsports..... made by fuji???

Pics?!?!?!?!?!

Old 02-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Nismo is louder than the Injen though. This is with the extension.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Maybe louder when its started up.... louder at 6k rpm but the injen was loud while cruising, and really really loud at like 2.5k, radio would have to be 19 plus to hear it clear.... and a wierd raspy wrx puttery exhaust note.... Nismo sounds like stock just louder....

Hmmmmmm its not too bad.... Thank You!

Old 02-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Waste of an Injen. Get rid of your test pipes and you would have been happy. I have a full aftermarket exhaust with no rasp what so ever. The Nismo is alot louder at all RPM's, especially idle to 2.5K. The Injen, even with my headers and high flows, makes -NO- distuingishable noise until I break 1K. Most people dont even realize I have an exhaust until I start moving. Your gonna face similar problems with the Nismo, it will more than likely still rasp and still be noticeabley louder than say a G with cats at cruising speeds. That and no offense to Tony and other with the Nismo.... even with the extension.... it just dont look right.

---Side note---: Check to see if you have the Injen SES 1992C (serial number). If you do, your probelm isnt the cats, its the resonators. Mine blew out (as numerous others have) and were replaced with Injen SES part number 1999C. If your resonators blew out, it should get alot sloppier sounding, no real throaty growl to it, just plain out blah sounding. When it happened to mine, my car sounded like a freaking fighter jet so check into that as well.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:15 PM
No that is what happened, i had the replacement pipes and i sold them with the exhaust. The injen has caused vibration in the rear of my car countless times, we needed to heat up and bend my original pipes to get them to fit in the front, i dont think any 2 injen exhausts are bent alike becuase ive heard numerous people say they are fine, and numerous people not like it. It claims 16+ hp but on the dyno with the injen exhaust, test pipes instead of high flows i netted 5 hp, 244.8 to 249.8. With loss in the begining of the curve until 5k. I dont think the injen was bad, but the nismo is the stock look, with very very similar pitch to stock. Ive heard this car, i heard the exhaust next to mine, he had RT cats, i got my rims from him too. His car was not louder than mine nor did it drone NEARLY as much as my injen did....

Also, a friend of mine has a welder he uses that does very good work, he is going to weld me the 2 inch extension. I know its stainless steal but now i need to know the size of the piping coming out of the muffler to the tips on the nismo exhaust so i can bring him the correct size Stainless steal pipe... My Boy's friend who welds works at a mechanic shop with this welder guy who welded for years and years and they dont do much exhaust work so the pipes are not readily available there. It looks as if its 2 1/4 but im not sure yet.... anyone know?

Im gonna have this nimso exhaust lookin perfect in no time. 6 inch extension to make the hangers perfect.... and the two inch on the tips, the tips look awsome, laser etched nismo logos on each tip looks sweet as does the shiny muffler with the raised nismo name in it.... I dont know why everyone hates on the nimso exhaust, its quality is WAY better than the injen, anyone could tell that right away from looking at the two.... The tips are a little oval too giving it a more high class performance look. Only to a car enthusiast would one be able to tell nimso is aftermarket, injen you know right away... Im only 21 so to be as low key as i could while modding is my goal....

In no way do i think the injen exhaust is bad, but just look at how many are for sale all the time.... Go on a 350z board and check out what people say about nismo, you will find more complaints about injen.... Nismo is proven 4-5 hp gain, soon i will post all my dyno graphs thus far, injen says 16 hp whp i gained 5hp with test pipes added instead of hf cats too ? Nismo keeps the stock piping design, just bigger, and makes the sound of our motors intoxicating. The Injen exhaust sounds like any import with exhaust, to me very much like a modded WRX, it puttered, sounded really mean bu def was diff than any other G ive heard. The Nismo exhaust on a G sounds ONLY like the Z and the G do, and much louder while getting on it... It pops a lot too which to me sounds very very aggressive... I baught this from my friends car ive seen in heard it and experienced it...

Last edited by chuckd05; 02-26-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:19 PM
EX-250 have you dynoed your car? You have a lot done, alot of what i am lookin foward to doing too, the ecu for one, and the headers installed.... I am very suprised you dont feel your car is that loud, i didnt myself until i road in a stock G...

Old 02-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Ive ridden in my friends stock 350 numerous times after getting my exhaust installed. Yes, I'm alot louder when moving, but sitting, all you hear is a slight putter coming out of the pipes, nothing that hints at how loud its about to get. The sound of the exhaust sounds very, very mean... not high pitched like most japanese exhauts.

As far as dynoing, I'd love to, but unfortnalty, there is one dyno close to me and they charge 100+ for dyno time. Just dont have the spair cash to find out that my G has more than 280 hp. If someone can estimate the math on it based on power/weight, from 90 mph (4th gear) from my front tire being lined up with a Z's rear tire (I assume it was stock, I just caught it on the highway) by 6000 RPM's in 5th, I had my nose infront. To me, I'm happy knowing that. I've raced M3 verts and stayed dead even with them, but the coupes still give me a whoppin after 70.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Yea.... M3s are a bitch, martin (illG35) and I raced a few weeks ago and that was the story with us too.... Mad fn close than i hit 4th gear Thats why i need these headers and ecu.... Well ive been using stock exhaust for quite a few days and havnet noticed much of a power loss at all.... The injen does sound mean , it just loses the vq35 exhaust note that i love.... Ex-250 did u have fitment issues in the rear by your rear sway bar? Mine has had consistenly been adjusted and fixed like 2-3 times in a few months, all eventualy ending up in a vibration at idle. Im going to dyno my car tomorow and than saturday with the nismo on hopfully, im just waiting on the extension to come in.... Well see hp wise whats the best, all my dynos are on the same dyno too..... so i should get an accurate reading on what exhaust really does give you more hp....

Old 05-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Any updated pics???