G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

how do u do a burnout? im still a newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
This response is to everyone giving this kid **** about wanting to learn the proper way to do a burnout:

YOU ARE ALL FULL OF IT.

As if ALL of you didn't, at one point or another, want to know how to do a proper burnout. Get off your high horses!

Okay, but then can you teach me how to burn out on a horse? Do I need to get a good gallop started and then let them go like in the cartoons? LOL!

Old 03-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mtnez
Okay, but then can you teach me how to burn out on a horse? Do I need to get a good gallop started and then let them go like in the cartoons? LOL!

Old 03-01-2005, 07:08 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Old 03-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This response is to everyone giving this kid **** about wanting to learn the proper way to do a burnout:

YOU ARE ALL FULL OF IT.

As if ALL of you didn't, at one point or another, want to know how to do a proper burnout. Get off your high horses!
Yes. We're all full of it. Because nobody here could figure out how to do it on their own. It is so cimplicated.

Anyway...Home Depot. Tack hammer. Temple. Now.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by sen_jen
^ i wouldn't. i'd hope they master it and become famous drifters. i'd buy more tires for them.........
Yeah, that's the career I want for my kids. Drifter! You can really go places as a drifter. So many career opportunities.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Eveyone likes to have fun. Why is eveyone being such tight asses about this? A burnout is the begining of learing how to to drift or warm up the tires for the drag or plain showing off. If he wants to risk anything then let him do it. Everyone learns differently. He asked how to do it, I am glad someone told him how. If everyone puts him down he will never want to post in this forum again. Thats what forums are for is to learn and ask questions.

YOU ARE ALL FULL OF IT.

Noobs of the world unite and take over!

Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Noobs of the world unite and take over!
Don't you mean previous Mustang/Camaro owners unite and take over lol

Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Did you purchase that tack hammer yet?

Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Guys,

Stop being such dip****s about this. A good reason to know how to do a burnout is specifically to get tires up to temp on the drag strip. Since when was knowing how to slip the clutch at the correct rpm a BAD thing?

There are actually good ways and bad ways to go about doing burnouts.
Also, this kid obviously doensn't know much about cars, so giving him actual ADVICE might keep him from destroying his clutch in the next 2000 miles.

kaigenx and Z2G

I guess that you two are not interesting in racing at all. No biggie, to each his own. I should have added that disclaimer to my post

And no Z2G, wanting to know how to do a proper burnout has nothing to do with doing lame *** parking lot stunts. Please....

SnMDesignStudio- it may seem obvious to you, but this kid is just learning. Cut him some slack. And NO, its not just about reving to redline and dumping the clutch.

I would offer advice on how 6mt G's fare in burnouts, but I only have 1200 miles on the car and didn't think I had much personal experience on the car.

If you were to ask about my last C5 vette I could offer some tips, but for you wannabe know-it-alls its not good enough.

I plan on tracking this car(no 1/4 please, strictly auto-x and scca type events). So if I ask advice on how well balanced the car is during a trailing throttle oversteer situation would you then STILL poke fun?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
SnMDesignStudio- it may seem obvious to you, but this kid is just learning. Cut him some slack. And NO, its not just about reving to redline and dumping the clutch.
I never said that it was about redlining and dumping. Way to assume, buddy!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Some of you guys should be driving a Camry. Give the kid a break, you guys flamed this kid to a roasted Peking duck. There is nothing wrong with having a little fun with your car. Afterall, that was one of the reasons we all brought a RWD car.
Don't tell me you don't enjoy watching a Supra or a Shelby, a Corvette, or even better, a Lambo smoking its tires and doing donuts.... as long you are doing it in a safe environment and not putting anyone in danger.
Didn't you guys read that article from SCC last year when they tested burn outs on different cars. Turned out the mini cooper won!?!?

Old 03-02-2005, 01:16 AM
anyone else remember seeing that video of an MR2 trying to be cool and do burnouts or whatever? Then the guy ended up going up a curb and a little hill and plowing into a VW in some parking lot?

Old 03-02-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by kaigenx
anyone else remember seeing that video of an MR2 trying to be cool and do burnouts or whatever? Then the guy ended up going up a curb and a little hill and plowing into a VW in some parking lot?
i actually remember that clip... total stupidity... i hope the VW owner kicked
his *** for it.... have fun with the car~ burn out as much as you want if u feel like... just be responsible... and know your consequences of doing burnouts...

Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by SnMDesignStudio
Yes. We're all full of it. Because nobody here could figure out how to do it on their own. It is so cimplicated.

Anyway...Home Depot. Tack hammer. Temple. Now.
Well you made it sound so simple I was forced to assume you meant an all out dump-clutch assault.

Had you been specific I wouldn't have had reason to take issue with your reponse now would I?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how do u do a burnout? im still a newbie