G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Try to color match?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try to color match?

I recently came out to the parking lot and see this on my rear bumper. Now I'm in a tough situation on deciding if I should try to color match this or paint the whole car. I plan on keeping this car forever so painting the whole car wouldn't be a bad idea. It is brilliant silver but I would prefer the Diamond Graphite more. How much would a good paint job be? Thanks ! This is my first post and it's a 2003 6MT Coupe, love this car!

Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums Montzster! In my town we have bumper specific body shops where that and paintless dent removal is all they do. The cost of repaing just the bumper should'nt cost you that much! Body shops charge $4K+ to repaint your entire car, is the color change worth it to you? I'm off to my body shop myself next Monday, hope your G turns out well...Gary

Old 02-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums Montzster! In my town we have bumper specific body shops where that and paintless dent removal is all they do. The cost of repaing just the bumper should'nt cost you that much! Body shops charge $4K+ to repaint your entire car, is the color change worth it to you? I'm off to my body shop myself next Monday, hope your G turns out well...Gary
Thanks! The only reason I would want to repaint the whole car is because my rear fender has a weird fade going on, if I repainted it the same color code, would that be cheaper?

Old 02-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Painting the whole car would be extremely silly for this. People put on their aftermarket bumpers/sides all the time. Can you spending 4k+ to paint your whole car for putting on a new bumper?!

That fix looks extremely easy and not costly.. 500 at tops

Not to mention, I totaled my car, I replaced my passenger side fender, had my hood, driver side fender and front bumper repaired and repainted in ivory pearl. You cant even tell a accident happened or aftermarket paint was used. Youll be fine by just having a reputable body shop repair that and repainting it bro

Old 02-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by g35fnatic
Painting the whole car would be extremely silly for this. People put on their aftermarket bumpers/sides all the time. Can you spending 4k+ to paint your whole car for putting on a new bumper?!

That fix looks extremely easy and not costly.. 500 at tops

Not to mention, I totaled my car, I replaced my passenger side fender, had my hood, driver side fender and front bumper repaired and repainted in ivory pearl. You cant even tell a accident happened or aftermarket paint was used. Youll be fine by just having a reputable body shop repair that and repainting it bro
Yeah it would probably be the best just to get the bumper done, I've just read and seen horror stories of color matching silver, that's my only concern, I'll look around for some quotes, thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Montzster
Yeah it would probably be the best just to get the bumper done, I've just read and seen horror stories of color matching silver, that's my only concern, I'll look around for some quotes, thanks
There are most likely an equal amount of horror stories for ivory pearl since its a 3 stage paint as well. Just take it to a reputable shop and your problems will be gone

Old 02-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by g35fnatic
There are most likely an equal amount of horror stories for ivory pearl since its a 3 stage paint as well. Just take it to a reputable shop and your problems will be gone
Will do, thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.