G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Two Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two Questions

I have two questions:
1. I was just wondering how a true dual exhaust works on an 04 G, because I thought the exhaust was headers to single then back to dual at the mufflers.
2. I installed led blinkers and now have hyper flash, so purchased a flasher fuse off eBay ($3) and I have no clue where I need to put it, if it's even usable. It's a square fuse with 3 prongs. From what I've read, the blinkers are connected to the BCM and I need something to replace that fuse instead. I'm begining to get used to the hyper flash but by now I really just want to know what I need to do.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
The exhaust is headers to downpipe/Cats to a Y pipe into 1 and that goes all the way back into a muffler which splits to two. Just google it and you'll see pics.

Duel exhausts (true) are normally from the cats, y pipe which doesn't actually converge, the two pipes run to the back of the car and then split up into mufflers and out the back. There is normally a H or X pipe between the Y and midpipes.

I thought for the LED indicators you just connect a resistor inline to the indicator loom

Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
The exhaust is headers to downpipe/Cats to a Y pipe into 1 and that goes all the way back into a muffler which splits to two. Just google it and you'll see pics.

Duel exhausts (true) are normally from the cats, y pipe which doesn't actually converge, the two pipes run to the back of the car and then split up into mufflers and out the back. There is normally a H or X pipe between the Y and midpipes.

I thought for the LED indicators you just connect a resistor inline to the indicator loom

Yeah I know the option to wire the resistors in is there but I wanted to take the easier route first, but thanks.
And so, a dual exhaust (true) will still fit in the space that the 1 pipe is? Hmmm....
Thanks for the answer.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffe
Yeah I know the option to wire the resistors in is there but I wanted to take the easier route first, but thanks.
And so, a dual exhaust (true) will still fit in the space that the 1 pipe is? Hmmm....
Thanks for the answer.
Modern Infinitis use the Body Control Module (BCM) to control flashing, and there is not a "relay" to be replaced like on motorcycles or some old cars. You need to go the resistor route, or put your old blinker bulbs in parallel with the led bulbs.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Modern Infinitis use the Body Control Module (BCM) to control flashing, and there is not a "relay" to be replaced like on motorcycles or some old cars. You need to go the resistor route, or put your old blinker bulbs in parallel with the led bulbs.
So I guess there's no way around doing some sort of wiring. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Riffe, true dual exhaust begins from the converters which eliminates that y-pipe! Then to an x-pipe or cross over followed by resonators then on to dual mufflers and their tips. Reading many posts here on Driver you'll find many members calling their systems true dual when they really begin after the y-pipe. Like I posted a real true dual system begins after the converters. Just so you're aware, the main restriction in your exhaust are those factory cats! After you install the exhaust system adding high flow cats (HFCs) makes a world of difference!
Gary

Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
This is a true dual - the arrows show the end of the cats/start of the catback exhaust

Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Riffe, true dual exhaust begins from the converters which eliminates that y-pipe! Then to an x-pipe or cross over followed by resonators then on to dual mufflers and their tips. Reading many posts here on Driver you'll find many members calling their systems true dual when they really begin after the y-pipe. Like I posted a real true dual system begins after the converters. Just so you're aware, the main restriction in your exhaust are those factory cats! After you install the exhaust system adding high flow cats (HFCs) makes a world of difference!
Gary
Thanks man.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
This is a true dual - the arrows show the end of the cats/start of the catback exhaust

Oh ok. And that looks good by the way. Similar to what I want to get. Yours?

Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffe
Oh ok. And that looks good by the way. Similar to what I want to get. Yours?
Look @ the license plate.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Look @ the license plate.
.... Yep, I definitely missed that.... oops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.