G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lack of power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lack of power

Hi,

on two occasion, I had a lack of power (like if engine will stalled) when I was over 4500 revolution.

• After cleaning my car at the car wash = at low revolution, I had no problem at all, only at high revolution. The day after, it was ok
  • On a very raining day = same thing, it was at low revolution but i wanted to do spin in the water but the engine almost stalled at hight revolution. Same thing, the day after, it was ok
my is a 6mt 2006 with 93000km on it.

could it be a problem with spareplug, distributor cap, wire?

thank for the help

Old 03-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
Hi,

on two occasion, I had a lack of power (like if engine will stalled) when I was over 4500 revolution.

• After cleaning my car at the car wash = at low revolution, I had no problem at all, only at high revolution. The day after, it was ok
  • On a very raining day = same thing, it was at low revolution but i wanted to do spin in the water but the engine almost stalled at hight revolution. Same thing, the day after, it was ok

thank for the help
There is no distributor or cap in modern cars. They use coil packs.

If you're getting things cutting out due to water in the engine bay, it could be from any number of electrical connectors not being properly sealed. I'd probably start by looking at your coil packs themselves and see if there are cracks in the plastic/rubber around them. Also unplug them from the wires and check to see if there is any rust inside there on the connectors. Spray some electrical contact cleaner on them and let it dry before plugging them back in.

It could be old wires as you mentioned, but you rarely hear about this happening on modern vehicles anymore.

The following users liked this post:
maximebeauvais (03-15-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Hi,

thank for the help
I'm going to be honest with you - your explanation of the problem sucks. Its going to have more to do with the air or fuel system. There are many reasons why you will get power surges, rpm surges or both - it could be a bad fuel pump, a dirty throttle body, a hole in a vaccum tube, dirty air filter, a sensor, etc... You really didn't do a good job at describing what's happening.

But here's an article that will guide you through them all.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-surges

Last edited by dofu; 03-13-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
I'm going to be honest with you - your explanation of the problem sucks. Its going to have more to do with the air or fuel system. There are many reasons why you will get power surges, rpm surges or both - it could be a bad fuel pump, a dirty throttle body, a hole in a vaccum tube, dirty air filter, a sensor, etc... You really didn't do a good job at describing what's happening.

But here's an article that will guide you through them all.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-surges

hey, if you don't like my explanation...no need to reply then...nobody asked you to reply to every thread !!!

Old 03-15-2017, 01:26 PM
hey, if you don't like my explanation...no need to reply then...nobody asked you to reply to every thread !!!
I told you your explanation sucks and can lead to many different issues and then I gave you a solution to anything that could new what your dealing with, whatever the problem can be.

You don't have to be butthurt about anything. You'd do much better here if you don't act so insecure.

Last edited by dofu; 03-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Lartytiejdke3 (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Good luck with that. In America we have a concept called free speech which we embrace on Driver. So take whatever people post with a grain of salt and quit telling them what to say, especially a member that's been here for 12 years lol.

And BTW, I agree with him. Your explanation did suck, is English your second language? (Yes this is a serious question, not trying to be a smartazz)

Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Good luck with that. In America we have a concept called free speech which we embrace on Driver. So take whatever people post with a grain of salt and quit telling them what to say, especially a member that's been here for 12 years lol.

And BTW, I agree with him. Your explanation did suck, is English your second language? (Yes this is a serious question, not trying to be a smartazz)
If language it's a barrier for this guy, then I can understand the misunderstanding. But I'm not so insecure that I care (that means I don't care). IMHO the seniority doesn't really mean much, three are enough senior members here who are dicks when it comes to helping people.

Blue Dream (03-16-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hope you're not cleaning your engine with high pressure water, that alone can damage all those very expensive sensors! Spin in the water? The traction control in your G left on would drop RPMs instantly...that's normal! The advice and comments from the previous members is spot on! Driver members (myself included) just kinda tell it the way it is without hesitation!
Gary

Old 03-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Hope you're not cleaning your engine with high pressure water, that alone can damage all those very expensive sensors! Spin in the water? The traction control in your G left on would drop RPMs instantly...that's normal! The advice and comments from the previous members is spot on! Driver members (myself included) just kinda tell it the way it is without hesitation!
Gary

thanks for all your comments and I can understand

no English is not my first language.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
IMHO the seniority doesn't really mean much, three are enough senior members here who are dicks when it comes to helping people.

I agree with you on this point.....

I bought my G35 5 years ago and I was using another forum...but it is less busy then this one and something it takes time to get an answer.

However, the member from that forum will never reply like you did....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.