G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Car randomly died, no gas pedal response

Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car randomly died, no gas pedal response

I was driving the other day (2003 Infiniti g35 coupe 90k miles) and my rpms randomly started to drop and I was decelerating. I tried pushing the gas pedal but I got no response. I was lucky enough I could find a place to pull over, as I was pulling over my car completely died all lights came on and my power steering went out. I tried turning it on and it would go up to 1000 rpm and then fall and die. I waited awhile tried it again and the same would occur. I looked online and saw something where I would put the gas pedal a quarter of the way down and start it. This revved out up and got it started and idling like normal. I took it too a dealership and they said there was nothing they could do because there were no lights on. So far I haven't had any issues yet and it seems to be running fine. Any ideas on what the problem might of been or what I can do to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 794 Likes on 746 Posts
Codes are typically stored through the OBD2 port. See if you can get your codes read at a local auto parts store. Sounds like a limp mode caused by a failed engine sensor. Not incredibly expensive to replace.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Premier Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Without seeing codes I can't feel confident in diagnosing this. But I will tell you what comes to mind is a throttle positions sensor.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:54 PM
There should be a throttke sequence you cab do to get the cel to blink the error codes

sounds like limp mode have you dobe anything lately to it? Unpkug your afm see what happens then replug. It could be a faulty thermister on the afm.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 AM
Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by n00bz
There should be a throttke sequence you cab do to get the cel to blink the error codes

sounds like limp mode have you dobe anything lately to it? Unpkug your afm see what happens then replug. It could be a faulty thermister on the afm.
Man you really shouldn't try to type when you've been drinking LOL.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
I'll bet my left nut it's your camshaft position sensor. Bank 2. Make sure you get the original Hitachi one! It's like 50 bucks and a few minutes of your time. Don't buy some ebay crap. It'll just die on you again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: