G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tanabe exhaust....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanabe exhaust....

Hey guys i heard a clip of the Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper Exhaust on a 05 coupe. Sounded orgasmic so I'm looking for one to buy. I am not finding it though. I'm assuming it's because it is a older model? Any input would be great thanks...

-noob

Old 06-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
May I make a suggestion, Gmessina? Prior to laying down those big $$ for an aftermarket exhaust system attend a few meets and listen to other members rides! What you heard was likely recorded on a Mall Wart purchased recorder, plus you have no idea what modifications were done to the G you're listening to! Your at 8 posts, read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page, you won't feel like such a Noob!
Gary

Old 06-14-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
May I make a suggestion, Gmessina? Prior to laying down those big $$ for an aftermarket exhaust system attend a few meets and listen to other members rides! What you heard was likely recorded on a Mall Wart purchased recorder, plus you have no idea what modifications were done to the G you're listening to! Your at 8 posts, read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page, you won't feel like such a Noob!
Gary
the vid I watched was on the exhaust sticky... I'm from MA it seems everyone on here is from Cali or nowhere near me... are there any meets out here in MA? I actually posted yesterday asking if anyone lived in MA on here so I could hear and see mods in person but no reply yet. On the clip he actually did list his mods.... Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper Exhaust, MotorDyne XYZ Pipe, Fast Intentions High Flo Cats... I do see your name come up on all these threads I've been reading the past week and you seem like the guy to talk to so I'll take the advice you give thanks

Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
I had a Tanabe Medalion on my '04 Coupe before I sold the car. I was running stock cats and HR y-pipe. I liked the exhaust. It was well made and had a great sound at WOT, and wasn't too loud, but certainly was louder than stock. Like just about all aftermarket exhausts, it did have a bit of drone in the cabin at highway speeds, but nothing crazy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.