G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

installed new clutch slave cylinder and having problems bleeding clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed new clutch slave cylinder and having problems bleeding clutch

hey guys i just installed a new slave cylinder on the g35 coupe(external slave cylinder) and im having a really hard time bleeding the clutch. i can get clutch fluid to come out (when someone is helping me manually bleed it by pressing the pedal ) but the slave cylinder does not move and i get no pressure on the clutch. what can the problem be? ! maybe i got too much air in the line? ive been trying to manually bleed it for about 30 min and have not been able to get the slave cylinder to move or get pressure

by the way i completely drained all the clutch fluid out of the system , installed the slave cylinder, filled the clutch fluid reservoir then tried bleeding.

did i maybe get air into the clutch master cylinder ?

Last edited by oskcazx; 07-23-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:56 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/inf...e-manuals.html

The section you're looking for is CL, bleeding directions are pages 6-7 probably.

It takes probably 9-10 full bleeds before you start getting fluid, and quite a few more to remove all the bubbles.

If you're still not getting anything your clutch master cylinder is probably fried, people typically replace BOTH the master and slave when doing this repair since they both go out at the same time basically.

You can always disconnect the line set from the slave cylinder and push the clutch pedal, if nothing (or very little) sprays out then your master is shot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.