G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help.. new to this car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need help.. new to this car.

Just got an 05 coupe 6mt last month...

Ran fine, started throwing p0345, p0340, p1078, p1084. So I replaced all cam sensors.

Now it's throwing p0021, so I replaced the vvt gaskets, not the solenoid yet, Will do it tomorrow.

Anyway, the car starts fine when cold, but once it warms up it stalls. Then if I try to turn it on when it's warm, it only cranks with no turning over at all until it cools down.

Will changing the vvt help with this?

I need help with this, this is my first Nissan and it's annoying me since I can't even drive to work, it left it stranded already.

I'm sure this has been beaten like a dead horse but I haven't really found an answer to the fix.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Had this problem on my truck. It would only start after it cooled down. It ended up being the fuel pump. Do a google search for overheating fuel pump stalling. You will see all kinds of commentary on it.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Fuel pressure gauge, pretty easy to test, might have to pipe in your own test port since G's don't have a fuel access schrader valve. My '06 6MT does (factory kit offered, part number is in the FSM page I linked) and your '05 might if it's ever had the service done at the dealer. Just wait till it's not working and plug in the fuel pressure gauge, Pressure should be 51 lbs.

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2005/ec

Page 91, 92

Old 07-29-2017, 04:49 PM
With 156k miles I figured it would be the fuel pump. I'm the third owner so I have no idea what's been done to the car. Might as well replace it.

I called the dealership... $451 for the fuel pump!! They're insane.

Is the fuel pump the same for all vq engines? Mine is the Rev up, so I don't know if it'll be different.

Anyone have the part number for JUST the fuel pump and not the whole assembly??

Old 07-29-2017, 07:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The fuel pump itself is $350 for the Infiniti part, dealer only charging $100 labor isn't bad.

Aftermarket is an option, check import parts pro, they usually have a good price on the walbro pump.

I would definitely get a fuel pressure gauge on before replacing anything to verify there is a delivery problem.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Don't be a parts changer! As you can see you're wasting time and more importantly money. Read the FSM you can test almost all those sensors with a multimeter before swapping them out. You can buy or rent fuel pressure cheap. You need an adapter to tee in and i think i paid less than 50 bucks. You can buy a walbro or aftermarket pump and just swap the actual pump in the housing. If that's what your probelm is.

check your coolant temp sensor as well, since those can create all kinds of weird issues.

Invest in an ODB2 scanner that can read live data.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Don't be a parts changer! As you can see you're wasting time and more importantly money. Read the FSM you can test almost all those sensors with a multimeter before swapping them out. You can buy or rent fuel pressure cheap. You need an adapter to tee in and i think i paid less than 50 bucks. You can buy a walbro or aftermarket pump and just swap the actual pump in the housing. If that's what your probelm is.

check your coolant temp sensor as well, since those can create all kinds of weird issues.

Invest in an ODB2 scanner that can read live data.

Got a picture and size of the TEE that needs to be put in to hook up the pressure gauge?. I'm just going to rent one from the auto parts store.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:14 PM
So my auto parts store will rent a fuel pressure gauge for $19.99 a day... plus the $30 adapter.

$50 right there, so $10 more and I just bought a walbro 255lph pump. Hopefully this fixes my warm start issue.

Also checked my coolant temp sensor and it's fine.

Last edited by Reckless_G; 07-31-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM
So I replaced the fuel pump, had to do some modifications to make it fit but it worked fine.

Anyway, turned the car on, ran fine. Let it idle for about 20 mins, no stall. Shut it off, and what do u know?? It didnt start back up. So it wasn't a fuel pump issue... Oh well I got a new fuel pump lol.

Yes I'm a (buying new parts) guy.. just because I don't kno the history of this car and it's 156k miles. So now I looked into the p0021 code that I get..

Changed the VVT soleniods, no change.
All 4 cam sensors , no change.
Crank sensor, no change.

So I bought the rear timing over gaskets that usually blow and cause low oil pressure resulting in the p0021 code.

So this is where I am now... the damn gasket don't seem to be blown, all in one piece. Since I'm waiting on the new ones, should I get a new oil pump since I'm in there???

If this doesn't work, then I'm all out of ideas..

Old 08-03-2017, 08:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Since you're that deep I'd get new chains and water pump, reassemble, if it still won't fire then tow to the dealership and pay for a diagnostic.

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (08-05-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Since you're that deep I'd get new chains and water pump, reassemble, if it still won't fire then tow to the dealership and pay for a diagnostic.
Ah yes forgot to mention, I got a new chain/water pump kit too.. waiting on that.

The car does start and runs fine, but if I shut it off when its warm then it won't start up again until it's cooled down.

After all this, if it still does the same ****, I'll start looking into any spark issues after its hot.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:08 AM
I believe those gaskets are only on the 07+ G motor that go bad and cause low oil pressure.

Did you check the oil pressure before tearing that apart? The crankshaft rotating and pushing the oil through all the passages is what causes your oil pressure. I wouldn't replace the oil pump unless you want to spend more money and it's showing signs of age.

I would check for all the basics after the car is warmed up. Did you get a fuel pressure reading when it was warm? How about spark?

Try spraying carb cleaner or starting fluid in the TB after the car is warmed up to see if still doesn't start. That will eliminate a fuel injector or delivery issue if it doesn't start or show it's a fuel problem.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Update:

Put the car back together and been driving around. Starts on warm up and no more stalling (so far). I've put about 100 miles on it.

Got rid of the p0021 code with the gaskets, eventho they didn't seem to be in that bad of condition.

Unfortunately, now I'm getting p0014 code. Thought I had a faulty exhaust cam sensor in bank 1, so I bought another for $10. Erased the code and It's still showing back up.

Anyone else have issues with p0014 code?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
EDIT: Neeevermind, for some reason I was thinking you had an HR motor, scrolled up and saw the pics... edit post

Old 08-20-2017, 12:48 PM
You might need to have an exhaust learn redone, but I think only the dealer can do it. Are you sure the timing chain was pit back on right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.