G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Small scratches lip wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Small scratches lip wheel?

I am thinking about trading my wheels for some lipped wheels but I had a question about scratches.

My 350 has lipped wheels and just wiping them between washes causes small streak scratches.

Any idea on how to wipe down lipped wheels in between washes without causing scratches? Micro fiber wipes?

They are chrome finish.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by G35freaks
Any idea on how to wipe down lipped wheels in between washes without causing scratches? Micro fiber wipes?
They are a chrome finish!
Thanks for posting this! Chrome finish...chrome polish! I use Costco micro towels and my glass cleaner when wiping down my Volks and they're bare aluminum, much easier to scratch than chrome.
Gary

Old 07-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,020 Likes on 937 Posts
Look up the detailing section here on the forum for more information. There is an art to detailing. I used to take off the wax on a car with ONE TOWEL.

I've learned... I now have a towel grading scale.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:01 AM
Wow. I didn't even think about towels wiping off wax. Man I have some reading to do...thx

Old 07-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Look up the detailing section here on the forum for more information. There is an art to detailing. I used to take off the wax on a car with ONE TOWEL.
I've learned... I now have a towel grading scale.
G35Freaks, asked about scratches on his chrome wheels...how did we get on the subject of "Art of Detailing?" Looking at our G35 Detailing threads shows little other than one individual selling his products! Anyone that didn't have a Dad like mine that kept their cars in mint condition could learn a lot by contacting www.griotsgarage.com! Griots has everything you need to keep your car in show quality condition along with a "How To" book!
Gary

Old 07-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Gary, so in between washes you use a glass cleaner and micro towel?

I'm tryin to prevent wiping the dirt that makes the tiny scratches that I made in my last wheels. I just used a dry micro towel to wipe out the dirt. I think the glass cleaner will lift that dirt before the wipe? Is that correct. I don't mind washing my car but I like to give it a wipe down every other day rather than washing it every other day.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by G35freaks
Gary, so in between washes you use a glass cleaner and micro towel?
I'm tryin to prevent wiping the dirt that makes the tiny scratches that I made in my last wheels. I just used a dry micro towel to wipe out the dirt. I think the glass cleaner will lift that dirt before the wipe? Is that correct. I don't mind washing my car but I like to give it a wipe down every other day rather than washing it every other day.
Costco sells multi pack (yellow) micro towels, they're good enough to clean wheels and do dozens of other jobs around your ride! I use Adams glass cleaner, from my experience there's none better! One micro towel will clean all four wheels if you keep folding in quarters and never use a dirty side again...get the picture? The Adams glass cleaner will do a great job on your windshield too along with using the micro towel!
This is just a start, do you garage your G or is she left outside in the elements?
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.