G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Repaint paint? Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Repaint paint? Options

I am getting some quotes for a full respray and was wondering what everyone's opinions/recommendations are.

The factory paint seems very soft and I have literally a million rock chips on the front bumper.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what paint to get a G resprayed with to prevent easy rock chips or is the factory paint the best to go with?

Old 08-16-2017, 03:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Get a price on a clear bra of you really want to stop rock chips, they are a softer material however and will get little dings and such. I'm very pleased with the one on my vehicle (installed by previous owner).

Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Better the bra be dinged than the paint. I'm also considering a clear bra, but doing the entire front end. I know it will cost, but I hate the edge lines when it is just partial. And those rocks go everywhere and bounce high...my sedan had chips on the roof right above the windshield for goodness sake!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Vinyl is pretty much colored PPF. That's it's actual purpose, to protect paint and not necessarily to change colors. I am a bit biased but just throwing it out there. PPF on a whole front end is expensive. Nissan paint is super thin which is the main reason it chips so easily.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:22 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah Conissah your car does look pretty badass with the full wrap, what is the longevity of something like that?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:10 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
The shop will probably use whatever paint they're used to spraying. Ask them how many coats of clear they apply. My advice would be to not choose the cheapest quote. You will get what you pay for. I just had my car resprayed the same color and the two fenders had ghost stripes from the old pinstripes under the clear coat. I mean you could see them from 5 feet away. The masking job was also trash. I had him go back and repaint the whole front end. I couldn't believe he would deliver a car to a customer like that. In the end it was a pretty good job at a fair price, but I would have paid more to avoid careless mistakes

Old 08-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Yeah Conissah your car does look pretty badass with the full wrap, what is the longevity of something like that?
Depends on brand and what film. Exotic films (like Chromes or neon colors) have 1 year and 6 month life spans respectively. The film that is on my car, Avery Dennison has a 3-5 year life span, and KPMF has some films that will last 10 years. But the life span of the film isn't actually the color, but rather the timeframe before the adhesive gets too strong to where it bonds chemically to the paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.