G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Extending rear axles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extending rear axles?

So recently I had to take my car to the shop because abs lights came on and it turns out it was a pin inside the differential that broke so the shop is replacing that . They also told me my axles are worn out because of my car being so low that it somehow stretched the axles . He's telling me I have to replace the axles and I need extenders (about 800 for new axles w labor ) or he says they can custom fab the current ones and extend them for 700 .

Has any anybody had to extend their axles because of being so low ? I haven't been able to find anything on this thank you, also I'm on coilovers and 25mm wheel spacers by the way . He also mentioned that once they make the custom extended axles off te current ones I won't be able to lower or raise the car so I have to let them know what ride height I will be at . Does this make sense ?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:47 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've been a member here for 8 1/2 years and have never heard of this. Therefore I'm skeptical but wouldn't rule it out.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Yeah seems kinda weird I'm gonna get him to explain a bit more tomorrow when I go in there . Just wanted to get some feedback here so I don't agree to something that's not necessary or get taken advantage of

Old 08-21-2017, 09:41 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Uhhh... I have literally NEVER heard of this for the G35. Being on coils doesn't matter, the distance (length) of the lower control arm ALWAYS STAYS THE SAME, lowering the vehicle without camber adjustment technically makes the axle length SHORTER because... math... your wheel spacers mean nothing, they bolt outside of alignment geometry.

I think he's BS'ing you or there was a severe miscommunication between you two. If he insists you need custom axles just find another shop.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the reply man I searched more and still didn't find of anyone else that has had to do this . I'm gonna go ahead and take it to someone else to look at the axles after he fixes the differential. I almost gave him the deposit today but glad I questioned it and got at least a bit of advice on here !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.