G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Y pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Y pipe

Ordering some test pipes and a y pipe to go with it soon bc mine is old rusted and the flex pipes are a little messed up, and I already have a y back exhaust so that will complete the exhaust. I was doing some research and saw a post about putting the HR y pipe on G35s, I was thinking that would probably be the best option since I was researching all different kinds of aftermarket y pipes and heard bad things about them and their flex pipes busting after a short time. Just wanting some opinions since all these posts were years ago.
Should I go with the hr y pipe or any suggestions for good quality aftermarket ones?
Also I was looking around and im not too familar with Zs, is there a certain years Y pipe i need to be shopping for? None of them I've seen specify it its HR or not.
thanks

Old 08-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Slow down, there's no reason to start swapping y-pipes from the Z or later models...stay with what came on your VQ motor in '06! Or you could go with an aftermarket y-pipe, either way I've never heard of them blowing up. Not a fan of test pipes, better idea is high flow cats which are legal in most every state except mine...damn Liberals!
Gary

Old 08-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Slow down, there's no reason to start swapping y-pipes from the Z or later models...stay with what came on your VQ motor in '06! Or you could go with an aftermarket y-pipe, either way I've never heard of them blowing up. Not a fan of test pipes, better idea is high flow cats which are legal in most every state except mine...damn Liberals!
Gary
my car is an 04 G. Just figured I would go ahead and do it since the old one is a little busted up and I'm replacing the cats. I was wanting high flow cats at first but I've found in other posts that test pipes offer more air flow/gains and a lot of the HFCs blow out after a while (mainly the Berks)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.