G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 Window Intermittent! AGAIN...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 Window Intermittent! AGAIN...

Hi, I had to post this as i have read so many common problems like mine but now it seems this is a bigger problem im having (car is 04 g35)

door lock actuator was replaced and now the window slowly forces upward as if its binding

the driver side window does not work well, however passenger side always opens and closes

driver side will either

- close up and drop back down 6"
- drop down and stay down unless key is removed and re ignition

passenger side will also drop down 6" if auto close function is applied

- both doors open window slightly when opened and close slightly when closed

could it be:

window motor cleaning?
new panel needed?
i tried resetting but no luck

any help appreciated!!!

Old 09-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You used the words, "was replaced" can we assume you had someone install it rather than doing it yourself? Parts are guaranteed for a year, take it back and have them fix the issues you're having! May not be the window motor, when I've replaced mine the window is stuck open or more often down! Take it back...Gary

Old 09-08-2017, 12:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The window motor is probably shot but I would remove the glass and inspect the regulator track for damage, grease moving parts with white lithium paste/grease (not aerosol).

Are you SURE the motor reset button was fully depressed when doing the window reset? You don't hear an audible or feel a tactile click when it's in enough, took me a couple tries to actually get the reset to work.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
You used the words, "was replaced" can we assume you had someone install it rather than doing it yourself? Parts are guaranteed for a year, take it back and have them fix the issues you're having! May not be the window motor, when I've replaced mine the window is stuck open or more often down! Take it back...Gary

I had someone from the junkyard come out with the door lock actuator; my window does work but intermittently; they dont have warranty

Yes i pressed the reset button trying to fix this but only got the windo to move up and down as you open and close the door

anyone have another way to reset the windows before i tackle this project and try to open the door panel to check the grease on the window?

Old 09-09-2017, 12:39 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Pardon the redundant question but I want to make sure that you performed the reset procedure correctly

With the door panel removed...

Door opened, lift up the window switch until it's fully closed (not auto up). Release window switch.

Close the door

Hold the reset button, push down the window switch until it is fully opened (not auto down). Release window switch

Release the reset button, hold switch up until window is fully closed (not auto up). Release window switch.

Open the door.

It has to be done EXACTLY like this or it won't work, you can't use the auto up-down or it won't work.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Try opening & closing the window with the door open. If it works without any problem, the window may have to be tilted outward. There are adjusting screws (yellow chromate plated) at the bottom of the track that will adjust the window tilt. If the window moves slowly up or down with the door open, you need to lubricate the window actuator sliders and the little spool adjacent to the motor, where the cable winds up. If non of these work, you may have to replace the motor.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hello, Ever hear the philosophy, "You get what you pay for?"

Originally Posted by g35owner04
I had someone from the junkyard come out with the door lock actuator; my window does work but intermittently; they dont have warranty
Since my coupe was new I didn't trust anything electronic from the aftermarket, purchased only Nissan parts across the counter! Now we have members buying God knows what from the boneyard, maybe it's time to move on?
Gary

Old 09-09-2017, 11:40 AM
I did the reset just as you described and still nothing

it will only open and close sometimes because the switch doesnt always work but eventually the window opens and closes yes

I will try the adjusting screws also thanks

is it possible to clean the motor or just buy a new one if all fails?

Old 09-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Since my coupe was new I didn't trust anything electronic from the aftermarket, purchased only Nissan parts across the counter! Now we have members buying God knows what from the boneyard, maybe it's time to move on?
Gary
totally agree but this was a genuine part; i just didnt have the time and he charged very little to instal the part; in short the doorlock is indeed fixed but now my last problem is the windows

Old 09-09-2017, 12:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
This repair is easier if the window glass is in the down position to minimize the chance of something going wrong and the glass crashing down and shattering.

Yes the window motor is VERY easy to troubleshoot and replace if it's bad, there's a harness hear the hinge side of the door that goes to the window motor (I think it had the blue jacket over the wire) you can use a digital multimeter, it should have 5VDC when you operate the window switch. If it doesn't (or is intermittent) then the switch has probably failed. If you have voltage then the motor itself has failed.

Removal includes disconnecting that motor harness, the ring of 12 ?? flange bolts holding on the door panel as well as 5 of the gold plated ones (pretty sure that's how many I had to take off), once the door inner panel is removed you can access the motor. It's held in place with 3 screws, SUPPORT THE WINDOW GLASS so it doesn't come crashing down!!!. The motor sits over the top of a big plastic gear, hold up the glass with one hand to release tension on the motor while you pull the motor gently off the gear.

I strongly recommend plugging in the new motor and operating it with the door switch to verify proper operation BEFORE starting this repair.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Great i will check voltage reading first and get back to you as to whats next; hopefully these coming days i can tackle this project

Old 09-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Pardon the redundant question but I want to make sure that you performed the reset procedure correctly

With the door panel removed...

Door opened, lift up the window switch until it's fully closed (not auto up). Release window switch.

Close the door

Hold the reset button, push down the window switch until it is fully opened (not auto down). Release window switch

Release the reset button, hold switch up until window is fully closed (not auto up). Release window switch.

Open the door.

It has to be done EXACTLY like this or it won't work, you can't use the auto up-down or it won't work.
damit, mine does't work either. I have the same issue that stupid pinch function... When i do the procedure it looks at if it programs correctly and slightly opens when you open the door, then seals when the door is closed...BUT when i use the window auto-up, it reopens.. i spent an hour fiddling with it and it doesnt want to close with auto-up

Old 09-21-2017, 11:18 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Replace the window motor.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Replace the window motor.
probably will, they aren't very expensive. just seems like a waste if the old motor, it works just keeps reopening on auto-up...

Old 09-21-2017, 02:43 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Then don't use the auto up, seems like a simple work around to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.