G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

CA Legacy Plates on a White G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CA Legacy Plates on a White G35?

I totally give up... after moving to L.A., I've been ticketed 3 times while parked and pulled over once for having no front license plate. Finally decided to drill my license plate back on the front bumper and man, totally ruins my "clean" G. I was wondering what people's thoughts are on getting the CA Legacy plates (black with yellow letterings), and pairing it with the OEM Nismo black license plate? My front grill is painted black, so I think this might pair nicely with a white G35?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Do the toe hook license plate mount, that looks nice and asymmetric.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
No front plate is a chicken **** ticket! They s/b more concerned about those texting

I wish you would have posted this prior to drilling holes in your front bumper, there are several ways to mount the license plate without doing so! Those black plates look killer on black cars, hey it's your ride do what you like! Please, let us know what area you've been hanging out in and getting all those tickets. I haven't had a front plate on any car I've owned since '92, don't want to start now!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 11-19-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I might eventually purchase a tow hook license plate mount! No biggie on the holes, I can always bondo them up and use touch up paint =) Definitely stay away from Hollywood and Koreatown. Meter maids apparently have the authority to cite your car for no license plate even when it is parked.

Yeah, those black plates do look good on a black car... I've also seen them on white cars and I'm not so sure how I feel about that yet.

Originally Posted by gary c
I wish you would have posted this prior to drilling holes in your front bumper, there are several ways to mount the license plate without doing so! Those black plates look killer on black cars, hey it's your ride do what you like! Please, let us know what area you've been hanging out in and getting all those tickets. I haven't had a front plate on any car I've owned since '92, don't want to start now!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.