G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Throttle body issue? RPMs hesitate before falling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle body issue? RPMs hesitate before falling

03 G35 6mt. When I’m driving and let off the gas, the car waits about 2 seconds and then noticably let’s off the gas. You can feel when it decides to let off and it starts to slow down. Extremely noticeable at lower speeds but you can definitely feel it at just about any speed. When accelerating its noticably rougher too. If I’m moving with my foot off the gas slow or fast and just barely tap the gas in it feels like it’s giving it a lot more gas suddenly than it should be as soon as I touch it. Idles fine, runs fine, just very annoying having it so jumpy and laggy. I’ve cleaned the throttle body and tried all the resets on multiple occasions and that doesn’t change anything. Does have a SES light for the throttle body. Any suggestions or ideas? Hoping I explained it well enough.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What diagnostic code exactly. Chances are it's telling you exactly what the problem is.

EDIT: The throttle body actuator motor is very susceptible to damage, the gear can easily be stripped if you are working the butterfly by hand while cleaning, or it simply wears out due to age. This is the typical reason for requiring a throttle body replacement but still need the DTC code you pulled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.