G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

whats a better deal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 05:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats a better deal

I'm looking for a g35 I found two that I like but I'm not sure which one is the better deal both around the same price point (7k) I plan to keep for 3 or so years

First one is a clean 2005 red g35 with about 140k miles
Motordyne Shockwave TDX2 True Dual Exhaust ($1900)
Motordyne Advance Resonance Tuning test pipes ($750)
Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum ($460)
Motordyne 5/16 Basic Spacer ($200)
Stillen Cold Air Intake ($250)
Upev tuned by Portland Speed Industries. Including Launch Control. Dyno'd over any NA 350z or G35 on PSI dyno archive online.
New Pilot Sport tires ($1200)

The second is a 2005 white rebuilt g35 with 103k miles
Mobile1 5w-30 Fully Synthetic oil and I change the oil every 3,000 miles! I just replaced all 4 rotors, brake pads, Pistons, and did a full clutch fluid flush and brake fluid flush! The car does have a aftermarket stage 3 heavy exedy clutch kit. The car does have a aftermarket Sony Double Din Stereo. The car is equipped with BOSE premium sound system. The car has the sports package that has the S-Tune suspention, Orange Stitching on the steering wheel, and the spoiler, and the rear diffuser for aerodynamics, and a viscous limited slip differential

Old 08-22-2018, 05:57 AM
I'm getting a inspection either way

Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
On the second car when you say it's rebuilt what does that mean? Does it have a rebuilt title? Also does it have a Bose sound system or does it have a Sony double din? All the fancy sounding suspension bits listed are really not that big a deal, especially with the mileage that's on the car, the struts/shocks probably need replacing anyway. Is it an automatic or 6MT, that's a big deal for me. It definitely has a drop and that's not listed on the mod list. Does it have coilovers or springs only? Have any adjustable camber arms/ toe adjustment bits been added to correct suspension changes after the drop? This car has a lot of questions that need to be answered before I'd even consider it.

I don't really like Laser Red on a G but that's just me. However it has a list of quality mods and seems to be a 6MT based on the MREV2 addition and it's tuned with UpRev. Michelin PSS's are no joke but they are soft and wear out quickly so that needs to be considered. Without being in either car I just get a good feeling about this one, I get a sense it was better taken care of by a more mature owner than the white one. I don't get all warm and fuzzy looking at the white one for some reason but what the hell do I know. Get them both checked out and let us know what happens down the road. I'm very curious how this turns out.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:08 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
+1 with BD, even though I am a big fan of Ivory pearl, I would ask for detailed documentation on the rebuilt title. Personally, I would pass on the white one right away just cuz I don't want to deal with all the hidden gems the car has been before.

The red has a lot to offer in terms of mods, depending on how the pre-inspection / carfax goes, I lean on it more than the white g. Matured drivers prefer performance mods rather than cosmetics as BlueDream noted. Goodluck.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
On the second car when you say it's rebuilt what does that mean? Does it have a rebuilt title? Also does it have a Bose sound system or does it have a Sony double din? All the fancy sounding suspension bits listed are really not that big a deal, especially with the mileage that's on the car, the struts/shocks probably need replacing anyway. Is it an automatic or 6MT, that's a big deal for me. It definitely has a drop and that's not listed on the mod list. Does it have coilovers or springs only? Have any adjustable camber arms/ toe adjustment bits been added to correct suspension changes after the drop? This car has a lot of questions that need to be answered before I'd even consider it.

I don't really like Laser Red on a G but that's just me. However it has a list of quality mods and seems to be a 6MT based on the MREV2 addition and it's tuned with UpRev. Michelin PSS's are no joke but they are soft and wear out quickly so that needs to be considered. Without being in either car I just get a good feeling about this one, I get a sense it was better taken care of by a more mature owner than the white one. I don't get all warm and fuzzy looking at the white one for some reason but what the hell do I know. Get them both checked out and let us know what happens down the road. I'm very curious how this turns out.
thank you for your answer do you not think the big difference in miles Should make me buy the white car,yes both are manual,both have nose system,and I don't think either are lowered

Old 08-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I like the LR coupe but the bottom line is quality, if the white coupe has a rebuilt title it was put together from boneyard parts! Pass!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 08-22-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
I would not get a rebuilt titled car over a clean one. Pick the red one hands down.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Whats the reason for the rebuilt title? If it was in a wreck, ask if any pictures are available - my G has a rebuilt title but I saw the pics of the damage so I knew the severity and was better able to inspect the repairs.

All that said, if you're planning on modding the car already then the red one is any easy pick IMO. Owner used very high quality parts so you can bet the car has been taken care of, and 140k is not a ton for the VQ, just stay on top of the oil consumption and it should run north of 180k no problem.

Also plasti-dipped black wheels are a huge turn-off for me.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
You could probably get a higher mileage G37 or G35 HR for that price too.

whats a better deal-screenshot_20180822-141657.png
whats a better deal-screenshot_20180822-141729.png
whats a better deal-screenshot_20180822-141621.png

Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sean McCants

thank you for your answer do you not think the big difference in miles Should make me buy the white car,yes both are manual,both have nose system,and I don't think either are lowered
Miles are really not the issue here, both have over 100K which isn't always a lot with these cars. How they've been taken care of during their lives is the important thing to research. The white car is definitely lowered but with what is the question. You still haven't answered the question about rebuilt title or not. I'm with everyone that has said run away from that car if that's the case. Also you can't have an aftermarket DD AND the Bose, they're 2 different things. It feels like you're fighting through our advice to make a case for the white one. I've given you as much honest advice as I can so from here on out it's your decision, I hope whatever choice you make whether it's one of these 2 or something different you'll end up happy with whatever you get.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:58 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Miles are really not the issue here, both have over 100K which isn't always a lot with these cars. How they've been taken care of during their lives is the important thing to research. The white car is definitely lowered but with what is the question. You still haven't answered the question about rebuilt title or not. I'm with everyone that has said run away from that car if that's the case. Also you can't have an aftermarket DD AND the Bose, they're 2 different things. It feels like you're fighting through our advice to make a case for the white one. I've given you as much honest advice as I can so from here on out it's your decision, I hope whatever choice you make whether it's one of these 2 or something different you'll end up happy with whatever you get.
I think the poster means the car came with the Bose head unit, speaker, and amp package, but they've swapped the head unit for the aftermarket Sony one. That's what I did, although I still need to swap the amp/speakers as they could use some improvement.

That being said, my hear says white one for looks, but my brain says red one for good mods/clean title. Gonna have to go with brain on this, would rather add parts/paint later than buy a dud in the first place.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Go red. Anything with so many blacked out elements and windshield stickers like the white one has probably been ridden hard by a bad boy.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:01 AM
thank you for all your guy's help I went with the red g35 really nice color,and the inspection guy recommend buying it only con I have is its very loud

Old 08-24-2018, 05:25 AM

One thing you can do to quiet it down would be to replace the ART pipes with factory cats. You won't lose much in performance but you will need to get the car re-tuned. Sell the ART pipes and you'll have more than enough to pay for the updated tune.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
One thing you can do to quiet it down would be to replace the ART pipes with factory cats. You won't lose much in performance but you will need to get the car re-tuned. Sell the ART pipes and you'll have more than enough to pay for the updated tune.
What a horrible piece of advice.. I wouldn't go back to factory cats if the car already has an uprev tune just to quiet the loudness.. ya'll been saying factory cats are the most restrictive breather part throughout the years. Do HFC replacement instead, it is only loud past 3k and quiet when idle. Better yet, suck up the loudness lol.

Hope you're not offended dad, (handing you the wheelchair!)

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (08-25-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whats a better deal