G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Mods help 03 6mt coupe (accidentally deleted original post)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mods help 03 6mt coupe (accidentally deleted original post)

So I got a 2003 coupe 6mt and needs some help with what beginning mods I should get. All I've done is started my interior conversation to black and I'm putting in a new act streetlite flywheel this month because mine is warped. I just like planning ahead so I can get an idea of money and such. For instance I'm completely lost on intakes, should I get a cai or not, which one does everyone generally recommend? Cause every post ive found is either from 2003 or no one can make up their mind. Also I'm in Florida it rains alot so ik thats an issue with a cai. My plan is for this to be a daily but a weekend warrior eventually turbo but for now just some beginning mods. I already know it's good to get a spacer and ik what exhaust I want. Just fishing for help. Much appreciated!! And keep the douchiness minimal this for serious posts llol. I know someone will say well there is a ton just look, I'm looking for info from 2018 I don't want to have to go through all 3000 posts, just want clear answers. Thanks appreciate all the help!

Old 10-20-2018, 05:43 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Your previous thread was not deleted on accident it was closed, threads like this are simply clutter created by pure laziness.

First go to www.google.com

Next type in something like "g35driver intake review test dyno or anything else about g35 intakes". You should get a results page that looks something like this.

Now click on one of the results that sounds interesting. For example lets pick the one on the top.

Now simply READ THE POST, as you can see, Sexyrob here compiled a pretty nice list of intakes he compared with dyno results to boot however the most interesting and useful nugget of information is found at the end of the second post.

This is the same experience that EVERYONE ON THE PLANET has with intakes on the G35, unless you have a larger TB and a 3.5" or larger intake you will not be gaining more power than the stock rev-up airbox has. If you don't have the rev-up airbox and again I advise you to use that google.com link I talked about and do a little research on that subject too.

The information is here, but it's up to YOU to at least make an attempt to find it, if you truly get stumped and are unable to find the answer then please make a post to get clarification or direction, however something as basic as asking the generic "which intake for my G35" thread will almost certainly be closed by a moderator.

Also of note, most of the data, the testing, the experimentation, and the results of these actions came LONG BEFORE 2018, this exact vehicle platform ceased production over a decade ago, most of the best threads are from a decade ago so don't just limit yourself to searching for information from 2018.

In conclusion, thank you for stopping by but please do some research first before creating a thread on subjects that have been answered literally thousands upon thousands of times.

The following 2 users liked this post by cleric670:
Blue Dream (10-22-2018), cswlightning (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 05:49 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Mnav13
And keep the douchiness minimal this for serious posts llol.
Super serious llol.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Lol RIP.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 11:47 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
It needed to be done. Also, to the OP, indenting your separate thoughts in your writing makes it more likely others will actually read through your paragraph past the first two sentences.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Mnav13
So I got a 2003 coupe 6mt and needs some help with what beginning mods I should get. All I've done is started my interior conversation to black and I'm putting in a new act streetlite flywheel this month because mine is warped. I just like planning ahead so I can get an idea of money and such. For instance I'm completely lost on intakes, should I get a cai or not, which one does everyone generally recommend? Cause every post ive found is either from 2003 or no one can make up their mind. Also I'm in Florida it rains alot so ik thats an issue with a cai. My plan is for this to be a daily but a weekend warrior eventually turbo but for now just some beginning mods. I already know it's good to get a spacer and ik what exhaust I want. Just fishing for help. Much appreciated!! And keep the douchiness minimal this for serious posts llol. I know someone will say well there is a ton just look, I'm looking for info from 2018 I don't want to have to go through all 3000 posts, just want clear answers. Thanks appreciate all the help!
You want serious well here is a serious post. The forum rules clearly state it's your responsibility to search the forum for answers before asking questions. My guess is you didn't bother to take the time to read the rules so hop to it, it seems to me you've become the d***he here. I'm closing your thread AGAIN and not deleting it so it can stand as an example to other new members on how not to act on the forum. We don't mind helping out after you've put in some effort yourself but we're not here to spoon feed lazy people who refuse to do any work on their own.

Start another thread like this and you'll be banned, is that serious enough for ya? If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.