G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Overheating !!! check radiator fans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock
G35 Overheating !!! check radiator fans

I bet after seeing the topic you were prob like “not again” ha.

this topic is slight different though, no worries.

Here’s the story, I bought my 04 G35 -105k Miles from a young DR. In NY, he didn’t drive it much, especially after it overheated and the radiator neck exploded... he took it to the shop and they said the water pump was bad and it will need a head gasket repair.

I still bought it anyway;
I installed a new radiator, new thermostat, drained the system, refilled and then burped...I was able to drive the car for about 18 Miles before it started overheating again.. I tried to burp the system once more.. and that still didn’t help.. so i was thinking it really might need a water pump and or head gasket job...

Long story short, I was so furious at myself at this point.. while I was burping for a third time.. I noticed that the right fan (facing the car) hasn’t came on at all ( over 5 mins) to my surprised, the fan motor was shot... I ordered a replacement motor, replaced the old one and my car hasn’t overheated since ... I hope this helps someone.

Last edited by andre3wap; 01-19-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
For everyone's information there's no less than 6 reasons why your Infiniti may be over heating! Several are obvious like the fans not running or the radiator plastic side tanks have exploded! If none of those seem to be the cause of your over heating issues go to a Radiator Shop and have your system "Pressure Tested" that way you're not wasting $$ replacing parts without knowing what's causing your issue! Radiator shops have saved my bacon more than once after Dealerships (under warranty) have replaced everything buy the entire motor!
Gary