G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What to get for G with tax refund?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunno man, if it were up to me, i wouldnt do anything to a lease unless i could take it with me...

on the interest free loan to the govt note. i hear you on that. dont want to give uncle sam more then i am already givng! BUT, what is 12 mo interest on 500? like 3 bucks? you ahve to also remember that the 500 accumulated over 12 mo. it did not start as 500 of tax....

Old 03-14-2005, 01:27 PM
You guys that are all excited about a tax refund are the biggest suckers that the federal government just LOVES. I can't believe what I'm reading-- being excited about a refund.

If that gets you excited, then I've got a deal for you:

Let me take $500-$3200 from each of you for one whole year, do with it what I so choose, and then I'll give it back to you next year with no interest whatsoever.

Any takers?

Oh, and don't tell me any of you actually expect to retire on your Social Security "savings"...

Old 03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by HoodooGuru
You guys that are all excited about a tax refund are the biggest suckers that the federal government just LOVES. I can't believe what I'm reading-- being excited about a refund.

Let me take $500-$3200 from each of you for one whole year, do with it what I so choose, and then I'll give it back to you next year with no interest whatsoever.

Any takers?

Oh, and don't tell me any of you actually expect to retire on your Social Security "savings"...
I see your point, but i look at it another way. I see it as the government saving my money for me so i wouldn't spend it on stupid stuff. Then at the end of the year, they give it back to me so i can buy gifts for my G.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
It is exciting to get a refund but I agree with HoodooGuru. Here's another way to explain it. If you played it safe and invested the money (say $4K) in a CD for 12 months (Washington Mutual 3.06%) you would have $4,124. That's a Z-Tube and K&N drop in with some money to spare.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:45 PM

Any takers?

Actually the LAST $500 you pay is what you "over paid". If you were lucky enough to know how much money you would make EXACTLY and what the next years tax laws would be EXACTLY, then you *might* be able to make the argument of taking the $500 and dividing it by 52 weeks (if paid weekly) or 26 weeks if paid bi-weekly... which is under $10 a week. BIG FLIPPIN' DEAL!

BTW, I got a $162 refund check. Boy do I wish I could have had that over 52 weeks... how much better off I would have been.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:12 PM

Any takers?

MY APOLIGIES TO THE GROUP FOR SHOUTING. BUT WHY IN THE HELL DOES THIS FREAKIN MORON HAVE TO STICK HIS FREAKIN INVESTMENT CRAP ALL OVER THE PLACE WHEN NO ONE HAS ASKED FOR IT??!!

THE GUY DID NOT ASK YOU HOW TO INVEST HIS MONEY, OR WHAT YOU THINK HE SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH IT '12 MONTHS AGO'. HE MERELY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HE CAN GET WITH IT.

FOR SOME FREAKIN REASON YOU JUST SAW RIGHT PASSED HIS QUESTION AND SAW YET ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR UNWANTED ADVISE.

IM SURE YOU WERE AWARE THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR YOUR USELESS REPLY TO THE MAN'S QUESTION, BUT THEN AGAIN I DONT THINK YOU CARE.

THE ABOVE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE ON HOW YOU PLAN ON KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE WITH YOUR UNWANTED F***KING 'SAVINGS ADVISE'. YOU SEEM TO 'GET OFF' BY TELLING OTHERS THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THEIR MONEY.

TAKE YOUR ADVISE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR F**KING MUTUALY FUNDED A**HOLE, AND SAVE IT FOR 10 YEARS...........I'M SURE YOU'LL END UP WITH A 'HAPPY RETURN'!!

Again, i'm truly sorry to rest of the group, but i'm really tired of seeing this morons crap.

To Scottkusf, i dont think you really want to do anything to the car because it's a lease. good luck.

BTW, to the financial moron....My name is Elmer Jay Fudd, I own a mansion & a Yacht.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by fastedy1
...BTW, to the financial moron....My name is Elmer Jay Fudd, I own a mansion & a Yacht.
This alone made me laugh so hard... "Brilliant"

Attached Images  

Last edited by neffster; 03-14-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
MY APOLIGIES TO THE GROUP FOR SHOUTING. BUT WHY IN THE HELL DOES THIS FREAKIN MORON HAVE TO STICK HIS FREAKIN INVESTMENT CRAP ALL OVER THE PLACE WHEN NO ONE HAS ASKED FOR IT??!!
I've started threads and have provided responses that other members have found valuable. Why not argue with the substance or facts of what I've posted, versus placing a "shout" post that adds no value to the thread.

THE GUY DID NOT ASK YOU HOW TO INVEST HIS MONEY, OR WHAT YOU THINK HE SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH IT '12 MONTHS AGO'. HE MERELY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HE CAN GET WITH IT.
He asked what he should do with his tax refund. My point, albeit maybe unclear to you, is that he could have been keeping his own money all along (versus overpaying the government). He could've bought anything recommended here months ago, instead of waiting for a rebate until April/May the year following.

FOR SOME FREAKIN REASON YOU JUST SAW RIGHT PASSED HIS QUESTION AND SAW YET ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR UNWANTED ADVISE.

IM SURE YOU WERE AWARE THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR YOUR USELESS REPLY TO THE MAN'S QUESTION, BUT THEN AGAIN I DONT THINK YOU CARE.
I don't care about unfounded negative feedback. All I know is my information is valid and helpful to those who may not have considered it before. There are clearly many young, immature drivers in this forum who may benefit from others' postings that are "unasked" for. Go ahead and refute what I've posted on the basis of fact instead of shouting insults.

THE ABOVE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE ON HOW YOU PLAN ON KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE WITH YOUR UNWANTED F***KING 'SAVINGS ADVISE'. YOU SEEM TO 'GET OFF' BY TELLING OTHERS THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THEIR MONEY.
I have no plans as you claim. I'm merely pointing out absurdity with another example of absurdity. And, if someone does continue to overpay the government, then clearly they are woefully uninformed with regard to good financial management.

TAKE YOUR ADVISE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR F**KING MUTUALY FUNDED A**HOLE, AND SAVE IT FOR 10 YEARS...........I'M SURE YOU'LL END UP WITH A 'HAPPY RETURN'!!.
Check your spelling: it's "advice" and "mutually"... (and why so angry?!?)

Again, i'm truly sorry to rest of the group, but i'm really tired of seeing this morons crap.
Then go outside, go for a drive, whatever. No one is forcing you to read anything in this forum-- and I've really haven't posted that much so I get the sense you're obsessed with me...

To Scottkusf, i dont think you really want to do anything to the car because it's a lease. good luck.
Good point. I wouldn't modify a leased car either. You'll lose it when your lease expires.

BTW, to the financial moron....My name is Elmer Jay Fudd, I own a mansion & a Yacht.
Nice to meet you, too, Elmer. Congrats on the mansion and Yacht. Must be nice...

Old 03-14-2005, 04:53 PM
i'm going to let this go after i make you read your own replies:

Any takers?

if the above reply isnt full of sarcasm, then i dont know what is.

I think the bigger question you need to ask is:

"Why the hell am I getting a refund?!?"

Refund = Interest-free loan from you to the Federal government. You could have had that $500 working for you 12 months ago...
you were the FIRST to reply to the guy and THE ABOVE was your response. very nice.

I've started threads and have provided responses that other members have found valuable. Why not argue with the substance or facts of what I've posted, versus placing a "shout" post that adds no value to the thread.
one more time...NO ONE asked for it! dont you get it? your substance does not apply here.

He asked what he should do with his tax refund. My point, albeit maybe unclear to you, is that he could have been keeping his own money all along (versus overpaying the government). He could've bought anything recommended here months ago, instead of waiting for a rebate until April/May the year following.
one more time...NO ONE asked for it! dont you get it?

I don't care about unfounded negative feedback. All I know is my information is valid and helpful to those who may not have considered it before. There are clearly many young, immature drivers in this forum who may benefit from others' postings that are "unasked" for. Go ahead and refute what I've posted on the basis of fact instead of shouting insults.
one more time...NO ONE asked for it! dont you get it?

Check your spelling: it's "advice" and "mutually"... (and why so angry?!?)
who gives a s**t?

finally..........one more time...NO ONE asked for it! dont you get it?

Old 03-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
fastedy1- Relax your going to give yourself a heart attack. This isn't the first thread to go off the topic. One of the great things about this forum is we can voice our opinion/views. Another great thing is we have the choice to ignore it.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by G35Sean
fastedy1- Relax your going to give yourself a heart attack. This isn't the first thread to go off the topic. One of the great things about this forum is we can voice our opinion/views. Another great thing is we have the choice to ignore it.
point taken.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a little over $6000 for my return but it's going to house stuff and my wifey's new car. She say's she wants a Beamer so looks like it might be going there =/

Old 03-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Im fortunate this year Im getting back $2100 I was shocked and amazed because this is the first time I dont owe anything. Yeah it helps to be 26 single and no kids (thank God). hehe. Anyways when I go pick up my car in a week or so the refund will be part of the 39000 that Ill be paying when I pick her up. No car payment for me! and thats "Tight to Death"

Old 03-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Hoodoo is probably the one that owes the government $5000. In my opinion its better for them to take out more taxes and get a refund later then all of sudden having to shell out money that you owe. Hoodoo your arguement is *** backwards my friend.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
Hoodoo is probably the one that owes the government $5000. In my opinion its better for them to take out more taxes and get a refund later then all of sudden having to shell out money that you owe. Hoodoo your arguement is *** backwards my friend.
Don't take my word for it. Go educate yourself:

Tax refunds don't make sense
"But most people with predictable incomes can easily avoid a tax refund - and consequently, substantially increase their monthly cash flow - by asking their employers to withhold less money from their paychecks or by sending in smaller estimated tax payments.

By now, however, I've concluded nothing I can say will stop the majority of Americans from their irrational behavior. "A lot of people absolutely want those refunds - they look at it as a form of forced savings," said Benjamin Tobias, a certified financial planner and certified public accountant."
Put those tax refunds to good use
"You've been giving the government a free loan for the entire time it kept your money. Receiving a huge refund is nothing to crow about because it actually signifies poor planning."
TAX PLANNING
"The Truth About Tax Refunds
When you receive an income tax refund, in essence, you have given the government an interest free loan. A large refund usually indicates poor tax planning rather than good tax planning. "

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to get for G with tax refund?