G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

i got partially scammed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got partially scammed...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42039

i bought a spoiler for my coupe from this guy. well, it took a while, but i received it. so, i guess i didn't fully get scammed. but.... first, the spoiler had a crack. 2nd, a fastener at the bottom where you screw in is missing and another one is damaged therefore i can't install it. 3rd, it's not OEM. it's made out of ABS plastic...the one they sell on ebay for like 100 bucks or so. i paid this guy $250 and he specified that it's OEM. he also said it's in excellent condition.

i've contacted the guy, but he tells me to claim insurance saying that the receiver has to do it. well, it was shipped from canada and i do not know who the carrier is. and i've asked him for my money back.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Step one: REPORT this on his Trader Rating (Right below his name on any post)
Step two: Return any defective/Not-as-advertised parts at his cost if you expect a refund. Do you have proof that the spoiler's not OEM?

G

Old 03-09-2005, 06:22 AM
TTT. Make sure to report this in his trader rating. The seller only has 12 posts. Make sure to give him negative feed back!!! It's your sworn G35driver duty!

Old 03-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how did u receive it?? usps, ups, fedex? if it was usps then it was sent by (probably) canada post from canada then trasferred to usps. did u pay for insurance? my experience from usps/canada post is that they are notorious for really bad insurance claims... aka won't get money back. other things... was the packaging damaged in any way when u received it? the way the other guy is responding makes me think your stuck with what u got. i hate bastards like that!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi,
I am here to post my end of the story.
Ryan purchased the spoiler from me and used paypal to pay me feb 8 at 9pm. I was caught with the flu (my apologies) and i sent it out on the 15th, which is 4 business days later. I explained to ryan that it was still on the trunk and had to be removed. The trunk and trunk lid is in excellent condition at this point (i have pics and records of everything thus far). I shipped it out through purolator ( i would say they are somewhat reputable) and only put 100 on the declared value, so that no duty would be charged (not because its only worth 100) and because its additional if you insure it for any more. I had to remove the spoiler from the trunk, while removing it, one of the clips broke, 1)i didnt mention that i would include any clips with this transaction,The clip can be purchased from the dealer .2)It is 100% OEM, it came right of a coupe that came from (infiniti of yorkville, canadian dealer) (i asked ryan in a pm to look over it carefully for some nissan part numbers, there has to some on it).3) It was damaged in shipping, because i know when i shipped it, it was flawless except for when i was removing it i scratched the bottom about 2mm.
I have sold numerous things on here, as well as g35frenzy and g35.ca.
yes, i admit i have taken a few extra days to send some of the items, i apologize, but had i been 100% healthy this wouldnt have been the case.
Out of everything i have sold, spoiler, trunk lid, airbags, dash, front bumber, rad support, rad,hood, both fenders,headlights, ac condensor.
so far i have had 2 things get damaged by purolator, the trunk lid (one side was bent) and the spoiler.
I clearly told ryan that he has to call purolator, because he is the reciepient of the item (i called them and they told me that the reciever of the item must call), to call and see what they can do regarding insurance.
I have all ryans emails, purolator documentation,all my pm's to him and pics of the items before i shipped them out.
I am not here to scam anyone out of their money, i simply pm'd him back to call purolator to find out what they can do and he claims ive "partially" scammed him.
I understand i will owe ryan some money (if and after) purolator pays him out on the difference.
250-shipping- whatever purolator pays.
Thanks.

Last edited by scotthomes; 03-10-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:12 AM
i get "Your administrator has disabled private messaging." so the last PM i got was you asking me to claim insurance on it.

anyways, i hope this works out. please reply back to my email with the info that i requested from you. they need those info for either me or you to file a claim.

thanks.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:54 PM
i need your info to file a claim through purolator. can you email me your name, address, phone number, PIN (parcel ID No.)

i sent you an email on friday. i need to do this asap before the deadline!!!

thanks,
ryan