G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

biggest mistake of my life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Maybe mommy will buy you a new one?

Let me get this straight, you got a free car (a G35 no less), and you come on here whining about not getting what you wanted? And it's the biggest mistake of your life? This is how I picture you....

Old 03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
If this is the biggest mistake of your life, you still got some living to do....

I was scared....thought you got drunk and t-boned a Minivan or something. Or dropped out of college to pursue a pyramid scheme scam.

But buying a 5AT over a stick....maybe the thread should have been called "dissapointed"

Old 03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
mrb
The biggest mistake of my life, was reading this thread

Old 03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang some of you guys are PMSing about such a post. who gives a sh** if you had to work all your life to get a G. all this kid is saying is he should have waited for a 6MT, and some of you always start that same 'ol line..."you're a kid and not old enuf to appreciate the value, love wat ur mommy bought you"
some kids are just lucky to be wealthy and dont have to show the appreciation of every penny IMO.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:46 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
some kids are just lucky to be wealthy and dont have to show the appreciation of every penny IMO.
Very sad then, the parents aren't doing a very good job.
I'm rich, the hell with it, let's just get some C-notes out of the bank, and burn them in the fireplace to get the fire started

Old 03-10-2005, 01:52 PM
The nerve of some people to even try to defend this kid. That is a post you should not even think about posting. He is basically throwing that in our faces saying "look what my mom bought me and I didnt have to pay a penny." The parents aren't doing these kids any good by buying them a 35000 dollar car. When mom's not there one day then he will finally find out.
Peace

Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sheeeesh.....if my parents had bought me a Chevy Cavalier I would have been thrilled!

Old 03-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
...He is basically throwing that in our faces saying "look what my mom bought me and I didnt have to pay a penny."...
It's kind of telling that you somehow view this child as "competion" of some form - a competitor that can throw something "in your face."

Old 03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Are you kidding me?? Please tell me this thread is a joke...

This kind of thing makes me sad for all humanity. Parents buying their kids cars like this then the kids aren't happy with them It's just sick. My son will buy his own car no matter how much money we have. He will learn responsibility and do what I did, WORK FOR HIS OWN STUFF.

I can just see this kid and his mom at the dealership...

Kid, "Yo Moms, this is that phat car I was talkin bout"
Mom, "Yes honey it's a pretty car"
Kid, "Yo sales guy, you got this joint in a MT?"
Salesman, "Sorry we only have it in the AT, we can order a MT, but it may take some time."
Kid, "Yo I gotts to roll this whip TODAY"
Mom, "are you sure you don't want to wait for the one you really want?"
(Suddenly the kid changes his tune)
Kid, "No I want this one, come on mommy... This is the one I want, can I please have it today?? PLEASE??"
Mom, "Ok baby, mommy will get this one for you today, Sir will a $20,000 down payment do?"
Salesman, "UM YES!"

1 week later....

Kid, "Moms I wanna trade this hooptie for one wit a MT"
Mom, "But honey you said..."
(Suddenly the kid changes his tune AGAIN)
Kid, "Come on mommy... This isn't the one I wanted, can I please trade it in? We'll only loose $8,000. PLEASE??"
Mom, "Ok baby, mommy will get you the one you want"
Gahhhh What the hell is the world coming to??? I feel sorry for him, not cause he got an AT and wanted an MT but because his parent's care so little about him as a person. That is VERY SAD.... All these rich parents throwing money at their kids in place of actual parenting.

You wanna see how these kids cope with real world situations... Watch "The Simple Life" on TV some time... The way Spoiled brats like this deal with real world situations.... "That's hot".... hahahaha

Last edited by Jeffro; 03-10-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
think outside the bubble guys..

your life exepreince will be different from others.. some are raised like this and therefore make a post like this..

yes, be grateful your parents can do what they did for you.. blah blah.. we all know that.. just hope this guy appreciates it..

this however, is not the point he is trying to make and some of us are overlooking that

temptation got the best of him and they gave in.. it happends all the time..

i like to think of this as a learning lession .. not a big one...

to the other members getting all mad... come on.. really...

next time, dont take how you were raised and bring it on other people..

poeple are raised rich and poor and somewhere in the middle.. think about it..

my advise to him....

you made a mistake.. you definatly understand your mistake of not waiting for what you want. this is why you feel like you made the biggest mistake of your life.. which i wish i can say that ! lol...and, here comes the quote of "good things come to those who wait"...

next time, im sure you wont make the same mistake.. you got hit with a 8k loss..

goodluck with your next big decision in the future..

agian.. these are all life learning lessions in different forms..

also, i like to say one thing to those who did somethign right and have the luxury to burn or spend money as they choose to... you have all the right to..

all these comments about "burning cash makes you #@$@#"... get over it people... its not your life.. you sound as if your comming from envy you have no idea what kind of person he is, do you?

and dont bring up other people need it more, agian. we all know that,but im sure we didnt achieve a certian class of wealth by sitting on our asses now did we ..

have fun with your ride man .

-Boost

Last edited by boost21psi; 03-10-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by boost21psi
Im sure we didnt achieve a certian class of wealth by sitting on our asses now did we ..
I don't feel sorry (nor should I) for the people that actually make the money! They get all my respect! It's the people that "achieve a certian class of wealth by sitting on their asses" you know the kind... They sit around and wait for mommy and daddy to hand it to them..

Those kind of people absolutely DID achieve a certian class of wealth by sitting on their asses. It is them that I feel sorry for...

Old 03-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Same old story. The need for immediate gratification wins out over the willpower to wait for a better payoff later on. You made your decision, now live with it and learn from your mistake. Next time, suck up and wait for what you really want.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
You really let your mother buy you a G35? I don't know if I'd admit that.
First off, Screw you, my parents bought me mine... No shame in it. I'll work for plunty of things for the rest of my life

2nd off

I've been having the same problem with my '04- wanted a stick... But then I thought about it

Tiptronic is a beautiful thing- The easiest Manuel when you want to ride the red-line, and Automatic when your doing 344928 things, or in heavy traffic...

Plus you don't have to worry about a few extra fluids and parts.

Be Glad you got an AT, The only thing you can't do is pick your gear, just go up or down, but other than that, AT > MT =)....but there are many threads debating that

Old 03-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"biggest mistake of my life"

Well......now we know what was your Mom & Dads biggest mistake also!

Who cares if you take an $8K hit.....it is Mommy's money!
Just do it....you deserve to be happy!

Sheeez puleeez.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to give Quackpot his own screw you as well, thats out-of-line

Don't be gelous
Don't be rude
Don't be sarcastic
Don't be an *******

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: biggest mistake of my life