G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

LTB Superchargeed Sedan For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Base
LTB Superchargeed Sedan For Sale

Saw this on the local classifieds and it peaked my interest. As far as I know, the stillen kit used is no longer for sale and I couldn't find any base HP numbers either. He's asking $5,500 US, should I consider it? Or is it going to be a headache

Old 01-15-2021, 02:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The Stillen kit was never that popular because it didn't make nearly the top end gains compared to the centrifugal style ones like Vortech. However a roots style blower like that makes significantly more midrange power than a centrifugal so it's still a big power gain. Typically about +100whp over stock compared to the centrifugal units which were +150whp over stock OR HIGHER. The Stillen unit is hard to push more power out of even on it's smallest pulley but that's just due to the design of a twin screw supercharger. If you're happy with around 350whp then it'll work out great for you. Stock the G35 is about 230 whp. I don't think I've heard of ANYONE bending a rod with the Stillen SC which is good, much easier to push the limits of the rods with the Vortech SC since it can make more power.

$5k sounds like a reasonable price depending on how well maintained the rest of the chassis is. I would expect to be overhauling the front and rear suspension unless you luck out and the previous owner had already replaced stuff. If it was well maintained then go for it.

The only extra maintenance for the Stillen unit is you have to change the fluid on it, can't remember the interval but it was like 10k miles or so, very easy to do just one plug doesn't take much fluid and it's cheap, I think 8oz. You need to use a pump or fluid syringe though because you have to suck out the old fluid with a syringe or vacuum extractor, stick the hose down as far as you can into the housing and suck it out, then put a hose on the new bottle and squeeze in fluid until it starts to run out that hole, spin the pulley a couple times by hand to make sure there's no bubbles around the gear and top it off then you're done.

Also the rebuild kit for those Eaton superchargers is VERY cheap, it's like $150 to fully rebuild one and you can do it yourself, rotor bearings, nosecone bearings, couple of seals.

PLUS! the Eaton M62 supercharger is very common, it's used as OEM equipment on a TON of factory supercharged cars. If you do kaboom the rotor section for whatever reason then you can just take the nosecone and put it on any other M62 and you're back in business.

The biggest downside to the Stillen SC though is definitely the hood, it's pretty fugly imo and there aren't really other options because you need the clearance over the SC.

Last edited by cleric670; 01-15-2021 at 03:01 PM.