G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Defective 03 G35 Coupe Clutch! Lets File A Complaint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 58K on my original clutch with many, many trips down the drap strip. I think the stock clutch is decent, but I plan the get a UR or JWT flywheel and clutch when this wears out.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My clutch + syncros went bad at 10K and Infiniti replaced my entire transmission as well as a new foot pedal. My Infiniti service rep said that they had a certain kind of foot pedal in my car that everytime I was pushing it down it bent slightly which didn't completly discionnect the engine from the transmission. They put a stronger one in that didn't bend. After me not correctly shifting my transmission because of the pedal (not knowing I was doing it) it just ruined it. They replaced it for free in three days. I don't know if this is just a BS excuse to cover their butt's or what but reguardless I got a new transmission and I now have 30K on my car and no problems so it definatly was not me.

I don't think the clutch is "weak" I think it's fine but mine might be different than yours.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:35 AM
i have 40,000 on my G... i got it with 14,000 at 15,000 it started grinding fifth gear. ive driven stick for years now.... wasnt me that caused it, my dealership gave me ZERO issues, replaced my tranny and cluth no problem.... now at 40,000 miles my fifth gear grinds on down shifts time to go back there.... also my climate control doesnt work, my rear speaker deck rattles, window doesnt stay up all the time, and my 5th cd doesnt work either Only thing is theres not one doubt in my mind that infiniti will take care of all of these issues.... Atlantic Infiniti in Smithtown by my house takes care of me well....

Last edited by chuckd05; 03-29-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Help!

Guys please help! I am facing similar issues with the clutch/tranny. During first starts its hard to put into 2nd gear and sometimes it grinds while doing so. Ive also had problems with clutch engagement, with it being too sensitive. The dealership says that I need a new clutch and the old one is worn out at 16K . I cant convince them otherwise.

Any suggestions.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by MotoD
Guys please help! I am facing similar issues with the clutch/tranny. During first starts its hard to put into 2nd gear and sometimes it grinds while doing so. Ive also had problems with clutch engagement, with it being too sensitive. The dealership says that I need a new clutch and the old one is worn out at 16K . I cant convince them otherwise.

Any suggestions.
Get a second and third opinion...the dealership told me the same thing but I later learned that it wasnt the clutch but the Master Cylinder assembly. After you get a better idea of what the problem is, take the car back to infiniti if its something under warrantee. Though if it is the clutch disc or flywheel, they arent going to replace it unless its defective.

If you do need a new clutch, I wouldnt replace it with OEM parts. There are a few aftermarket clutches that are better suited for our G's IMO...hope everything works out, and I sure hope its not the tranny.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow this sux. Maybe I will just get the TL afterall. My accord had the tranny problem that most other 6thgen V6 accords have, but at least the service at honda is ok. From what i hear most infiniti dealerships' service sucks a**. I am in houston, if anyone knows of any dealerships here that are good for service let me know. This makes me think twice about the g35. I really love the drive and power, but not the headaches you guys are going thru.