G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe, BMW M3, or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:45 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you tell us what you're looking for in a car, maybe we'd be able to answer your question. Are you looking to get a manual or auto? Do you care if it's a chick magnet? Do you care more about looks, speed or luxury? Do you have any preference whatsoever for any of the 3 cars? Let people know what your requirements are so that they could help.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, get what you want. It's your car. If I had my pick I'd get the M3. I was supposed to get one at 16 as well, but reassessed my values and decided I didn't need such a powerful car. I also decided that I would like to earn the M3 with my own money. If you get an M3, you'll have a high end car, try to top that with your own income. Albeit, the G35 was still more than I deserved at 16 and I love it with all my heart.You have to start somewhere.. Anyway disregard all the flaming, if you think you're mature for any of these cars then go for it. However if you really* don;t think you're ready, then get something less powerful which I doubt will happen. In the end, get what you want, just play it safe, and carry yourself right. Having any of these cars is a damn blessing, and not a right at your tender age.

Last edited by a2ncharm23; 03-19-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by Xristos
i already have a full scholarship to Indiana University for soccer, Berkley University for soccer, and half scholarships to other various colleges. i can afford both a car and college, dont worry!

And you're full of **** and have got your head so far up your own *** you don't have a clue what you're saying! NCAA rules are that colleges can not contact you nor offer you scholarship money until you're senior year of high school. Sure they can send you letters or information but no direct contact from the coach, its considering recruiting and is illegal. Why the hell am I even bothering with is?

Old 03-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Ok wow. One I agree with not stating the age. If he's fifteen he's most likely a sophmore in highschool do kids that young seriously get full scholarships?? It seems to me they'd wait to see how the kids performs the rest of hs. Anyways I'm 16 and will be 17 in May and gettin my license at the end of May. For the first few months year or w.e I will be driving my mom's 00 Lexus Rx300 and our 03 G35 6mt. I would never want my parents to buy me a car that cost that much money. I mean yes I am very lucky to even get to be able to drive it at my age but having it not be my car will make me much more careful plus I can only take it when my parents let me and don't need it. I would be gettin my own car but since I have to pay my own insurance being insured as a secondary driver is cheaper. (We have an 87 volvo wagon) I have a question though. How could this kid have test driven cars?? Who would let a 15 year old drive their viper or corvette????

(edit) haha thanks birdman I knew something was wierd there.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:50 PM
junior no sophmore here! and yes i have test driven them, about 1 week ago! my uncles friends are rich and my uncle took me over there and his buddy let me take them for a spin around the neighborhood! and yes schools can contact you, and what is always illegal, dont mean they cant do it! i do a lot of things that are illegal, dont mean i cant do it!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:57 PM
finiti35.....in a car, i am looking for performance/speed. i dont really care if it is a chick magnet, cause any car u fix up becomes a chick magnet (meaning certain cars) lol. I have a preference for the G35 because it is basically the Skyline in the USA and you can find a million parts for it because it is japanese meaning that it will and can be fixed to outperform the m3! THE evo is also a Skyline competetor and can be easily modified! i cant decide! lol

Old 03-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Z2G
Z2G, i have no problem taking as you call them "hand outs", because they arent hand outs, they are gifts. and dont worry what i get! as i stated before insurance is not a problem! and yes u can get 4.6....8 classes, all AP or Merrit, 4.6 is easy, the highest is 4.8!
xristos,
i wasn't talking about you, dude. i was referring to the kid who was going to get a car after he graduated from college. in your case, i was siding with you because i don't see anything wrong with a young kid driving a nice car if his/her parents can afford it. i would be wary of young drivers with fast cars though: )

but about the gpa deal, it must be different nowadays. when i was in school, you can only take a certain amount of a.p. courses to improve your gpa to 4.2 max. i guess it may be different now.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:00 PM
z2G i apologize for my previous statement!

Old 03-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Vic
I think sometimes not mentioning your age, especially below 21, on this kind of thread is better.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:21 PM
point taken Vic!

Old 03-19-2005, 06:24 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
finiti35.....in a car, i am looking for performance/speed. i dont really care if it is a chick magnet, cause any car u fix up becomes a chick magnet (meaning certain cars) lol. I have a preference for the G35 because it is basically the Skyline in the USA and you can find a million parts for it because it is japanese meaning that it will and can be fixed to outperform the m3! THE evo is also a Skyline competetor and can be easily modified! i cant decide! lol
I'll tell you this, PM iLLG35, he has both a G and an M3 so he can tell you best, but he's said many times that all his friends from his G35 Club that have driven in his M3 told him that they'd ditch their G in a heartbeat for an M. The M3 is by far a superior car performance wise, you can't get a G to outperform it unless you go F/I, which requires a lot of work and knowing what you're doing, warranty issues, etc. The M3 is all that stock. On the other hand there arent more than a handful cars on the road that I like as much as the G coupe looks-wise, and you're right about it carrying the Skyline tradition. Yes you can find a million parts for it, but if you get a G35 and put 10-15 grand into modifying it, you've spent as much if not even more than what a new M3 costs (and voided your Infiniti warranty in the process). So it depends on whether you're into heavily modifying cars.. The G is a heavy car, not exactly a high performance one, there are sportier cars out there, including the M3 and Evo. The Evo is definitely the rarest of the 3 (at least in my area), I as a female am not partial to it at all. I love the M3, it's one of my favorite cars, and it's arguably rarer than the G. That's what I would get if I were you.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
i say let natural selection run its course

Last edited by sugerman; 03-19-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
i used to be like you, i always wanted a 350z or M3, then unfortunatly my first car was a 1988 Acura Integra, best choice of my life, i gained so much experience for driving that car for 2 years, once i turned 18 my dad helped my buy a Coupe 6MT, and it was awesome, you should start of with something small

Old 03-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait......is he trying to decide which car to pick....
in the new GT4 game????
Come on guys....help him out.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Z2G
"I love the M3, it's one of my favorite cars, and it's arguably rarer than the G."

honestly, i see a lot more m3's than g35 coupes in my area. also, most ppl can't tell the difference between an m3 or a 330ci. of course, we as car enthusiasts can tell the difference but the average joe doesn't know the difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe, BMW M3, or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo?