G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G was saved!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G was saved!!!

I've been a member for over a year. But this is my 1st post. Up until a month ago I've been a daily viewer of all the posts. All the information and opinions from everone has been great! I've decided to post today..because a month ago was the worst day of my G's life! I was hit blindly and blacked out due to my head hitting the steering wheel. Once I regained my senses..I could care less about my head. I sat up and immediately asked, "HOW MUCH DAMAGE!?" The attached photo says it all. I've been in a major depression for almost 1 month now! This occurred on 2/25. Barely a year old(she was delivered on 1/5/04) and only 15,000 miles on her when this happened. Smashed! I only drive her on the weekends too. I've been such a wreck that I ALMOST refused sex from my wife.(key word is ALMOST).

Anyway, my main reason for posting is to just express how I felt then..and how I feel now. Yesterday I picked up my car from the body shop. And...I almost cried. She looks even better than then the day b4 the accident. (The 2nd pic is taken from the camera on my phone. So it's not as clear) I hope no one else has to go through such a tragic event. But if you do...I highly recommend the bodyshop that brought my G back to life. "California Auto Collision, in Fountan Valley".

Needless to say...my depression has ended! (my poor wife!)

Attached Thumbnails My G was saved!!!-g35-accident.jpg   My G was saved!!!-att1106613.jpg  
Old 03-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear you're back on your feet again.

your shrink is also saying boohoo.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:22 PM
LOL! Thanks! It's amazing how this car consumes my life. I can now proudly admit...I have a G addiction!

Old 03-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How did your head hit the steering wheel? Did your airbag not go off? (Getting paranoid...)

Old 03-23-2005, 02:08 PM
you might need to go to a shrink if your car being wrecked was that traumatic.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Everyone has asked why my airbag didn't go off. I have no idea why it didn't go off. I've considered contacting Infiniti but I haven't yet. It happened so fast, but the only explanation I can think of is..my head hit because I was leaning forward. I was leaning to see past traffic to make a left turn.

And 'robbdogg', trauma is relative, let's hope your G doesn't get hit, but if it does...let us know how you feel afterwards.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by pmccreight
And 'robbdogg', trauma is relative, let's hope your G doesn't get hit, but if it does...let us know how you feel afterwards.

haha - you need a reality check dude. I've had 2 cars wrecked (neither time was my fault) and I never went into a depression.

And you are right, trauma is a "relative" term and obviously you have no idea what real trauma is.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok, and more importantly, the G is ok! j/k

Old 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well did u have your seatbelt on? There are the goods and bads of the airbag going off. the bad is you could of been seriously hurt, and the good, u dont have to pay for a new one! air bags are extreemly expensive. glad to hear your ok!

Old 03-23-2005, 05:48 PM
'robbdogg', you are correct. I'm very blessed to not know what "real trauma is". It was a statement, MAN. An expression of feeling not to be taken literally. It's just a car(I have 3). Just expressing my love for this particular car..which is what I thought this forum was about? I don't need a "reality check" to know what having a car wrecked is about. I'm able to joke about it because I am ok. And as 'madchef' said..so is my G! If it were really a "traumatic" experience do you think I'd be on a forum for the entire world to take part in it? If you'd like to PM me..we can discuss this in more detail. Anyway, 'GonSpeed', yes...my seatbelt was on.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
It good that your ok and you got the G back.

15K miles in a year but you only drive it on the weekends. You must really enjoy your weekends.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
mrb
Congratulations.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by pmccreight
I've been such a wreck that I ALMOST refused sex from my wife.(key word is ALMOST).
You had me really worry there until you emphasized ALMOST! Glad everything is all better now.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I know how you feel..
My G got keyed and the whole car had to be repainted..!!
I was without her for 3 weeks but she came out better
than when I first got her..

Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by jruss9819
It good that your ok and you got the G back.

15K miles in a year but you only drive it on the weekends. You must really enjoy your weekends.
LOL. That's an understatement. I really do enjoy the weekends! I drove to Vegas 3 times last year. And Iim headed there again on Friday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G was saved!!!