G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this a good price for this '05 G35 6MT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by civic4982
if it's a coupe you've either been duped or you're lying. that price is not possible, the demand for the 6MT coupe is too high right now. Some dealers won't even do VPP pricing. Prices without VPP Are generally anywhere from 1000-1500 over invoice. If you can get this on paper and signed then you're a master haggler and should work contract negotiations for a living.

+1.....you hit the nail on the head! They are so many talk sh!tters on this board it almost makes me not want to be a member. It is all about supply demand. Think about it.....If you owned a bussiness and you could not keep a product on the shelf, would you discount it? NO! Why would any dealer sell a G for that price? This guy is lying through his teeth!

Old 03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Dude, you can't even get an '04 for that price.....stop talking ****......uh huh...hold on, let me put my hard hat on.

Originally Posted by hondo9
Yeah, I'm lining up financing and had the question about the mileage (200 miles), which I guess accounts for the great price. It's from a reputable dealer , but it all makes me nervous.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Its all relative. Maybe they're screwing him hard on a trade in, or he's financing through them, which they are making up the difference through interest. Hell, maybe they're going to charge him a $1000 processing fee. Theres a lot more variables to a car sale than that one number.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Not pulling anyone's leg. If anything, I'm the one whose leg is a little longer today. The price I stated was an actual Internet sales price that I found at a nearby dealer. To make a long (trust me) story short, I got financing together, went to see the car and was told the Internet price was an error by their Web person and they would not sell to me at that price. What followed were some harsh words, a walkout of the showroom, and phone discussions with the GM that has lead to an agreement at $35,800. It's been a long day. What do you all think of the final price?

Old 03-30-2005, 07:28 PM
If you are serious then take it. I would try and get them to throw in free schedule maintance for 3 years. And if they don't want to give you that tell them you are going to post what happened on g35driver.com, g35frenzy.com, my350z.com, etc. and they sales will take a huge hit. Also tell them you will take them to court and let them know you still have the email you recieved with the price.....accuse them of bait and switch.

Not pulling anyone's leg. If anything, I'm the one whose leg is a little longer today. The price I stated was an actual Internet sales price that I found at a nearby dealer. To make a long (trust me) story short, I got financing together, went to see the car and was told the Internet price was an error by their Web person and they would not sell to me at that price. What followed were some harsh words, a walkout of the showroom, and phone discussions with the GM that has lead to an agreement at $35,800. It's been a long day. What do you all think of the final price?

Last edited by Gman2004; 03-30-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a decent price in my opionin. I've been shopping for quite a while and until recently dind't know I got VPP. I noticed that the price (even with Grubb's bull**** VPP pricing) is around $1500 over invoice. What you're getting I think is in the range of $800 or os over invoice. I'm getting that price w/ the addition of XM radio but that's only b/c I have VPP with the company I'm working for and so the price is set directly from Infiniti/Nissan. Good luck to ya!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:56 PM
the set up that he is getting is exactly like i want and the invoice is $35,225 (g35 coupe - 6mt with premium, nav, splash, trunk mat and destination charge), so he's getting just above invoice. excellent price, go for it.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 PM
that looks like a really great price. i just got a great deal on my g35 although it wasnt new. 03 g35 6mt fully loaded 12,500 miles for about $27,500. i feel so lucky you should definitely take up that offer and enjoy the ride!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
2005 6MT
Silver with graphite interior
Only options: Navi, Premium, Splash guards, Trunk Mat

MSRP: $38,600
No hassle, but are you sure that is the correct MSRP?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I think the exact MSRP is $38,480.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't buy it! Sounds fishy, man! Either they are liars or there is something wrong with the car.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gman2004
If you are serious then take it. I would try and get them to throw in free schedule maintance for 3 years. And if they don't want to give you that tell them you are going to post what happened on g35driver.com, g35frenzy.com, my350z.com, etc. and they sales will take a huge hit. Also tell them you will take them to court and let them know you still have the email you recieved with the price.....accuse them of bait and switch.

As if these morons know what a forum is....cmon, we gotta admit that some of them don't even know how to use the internet...atleast my dealer didn't.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:31 PM
2005 6MT
Silver with graphite interior
Only options: Navi, Premium, Splash guards, Trunk Mat

MSRP: $38,600
Can get it for $34,500 (not including title, taxes and tags)

Great price?
Good price?
OK price?
Not that great price?
Poor price?

Thanks!

you know what ive seen some internet sales people do?? you ask them for Coupe pricing and they reply with all the specs you said, but they don't specify coupe or sedan and they give you Sedan pricing. I cought one in the act and they just said it was an error what they sent me. But they didnt send anything that said "coupe" with that pricing, it was not even mentioned. And i know the sedan's are going below invoice in some cases. This might be what is going on since i notice there is no word "coupe" in what you posted except your expecation they are talking about a coupe.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:42 PM
What I posted was a summary of the Internet listing terms. The dealer's actual listing plainly stated it was a coupe. They just said the price was an input error (that had happened to several cars) that I made them aware of when I asked for that Internet price. I just hope there are no more surprises when I complete the deal tomorrow at the newly agreed upon price.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
mrb
hondo, good luck with your purchase, and disregard some of the Aholes on this board man. Sounds like you are just trying to get a deal and far from spouting bs. The price they gave you after the foul up (on their part) is good. Go for it and enjoy the new ride, post some pics when you are done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for this '05 G35 6MT?