Cheapest Dealer in Bay Area, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 AM
Rno
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheapest Dealer in Bay Area, CA

Folks,

Any one from the Bay Area would like to share good/bad experience with local dealers, and how low they could bring the prices ?
I've had a little below 2k over invoice for fully loaded so far, without hassling
too much?

TIA

--Rno

'05 6M Black, very soon :-)

Old 03-31-2005, 02:46 AM
Infiniti of Marin gave me 1,100 over invoice for a 6mt coupe with premium package, and navigation. I got that price after 2-3 e-mails. Also, let them know Eric with the black g sent you.

edit: My salesman was Frank but I discussed the price and paid the deposit through e-mail with Emil.

Last edited by erockoneskee; 03-31-2005 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:07 AM
ok here we go:

Serramonte - my salesman, Walter, was very professional and straightforward, but didn't have the car I was looking for, so we never really got down to haggling. He had mentioned the 'costco no-haggle price' which is $100 off msrp. Their parts dept isn't very courteous on the phone.

Penninsula - would never ever ever ever go back. Puts Lojack on every single car that comes in. Adds 2 other things I can't remember as well, bringing the extra charges to $3k. They think that dropping the $3k in extras down to $2983.3434 (on top of only $400 under msrp) is an awesome deal. Wasted 2-3 hrs of my life trying to negotiate there. The 'BS meter' in my head kept going off the whole time...

Pleasanton - in person, the Retail Ops Mgr and Internet Sales Mgr are very friendly and helpful. The Retail Ops Mgr sat down and really looked around for me, and was very upfront about everything. They say they're the only dealer that never charges >MSRP, and at the time she mentioend she would beat my broker's price (~$2k over invoice). She also said Frontier and Penninsula hate her and won't do trades w/her b/c she sells more than 2x their volume. Before I left, I asked her to look for the one I wanted, but she never got back to me. They probably don't really need to chase after a customer who doesn't wanna pay MSRP.

Niello - went there and looked at their stock myself, but nobody paid attn to me. Not that it should matter too much, but it isn't a nice-looking dealership.

Roseville - almost completely ignored me, and wouldn't even let me test drive. Talked briefly with a few of the salespeople, but didn't like their attitudes.

I was looking for a loaded IP 6MT (and wasn't willing to wait 3mo), but if you're getting something that's easier to find, you can def. get a better deal. I flew down to LA to pick up my car I might've gotten a better price by ordering, but I'm really not regretting anything about this car.

In negotiation, it might be good to say you're not color-specific, then when you reach a good price, push them to find you your color.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by aaron6166
ok here we go:

Serramonte - my salesman, Walter, was very professional and straightforward, but didn't have the car I was looking for, so we never really got down to haggling. He had mentioned the 'costco no-haggle price' which is $100 off msrp. Their parts dept isn't very courteous on the phone.

Penninsula - would never ever ever ever go back. Puts Lojack on every single car that comes in. Adds 2 other things I can't remember as well, bringing the extra charges to $3k. They think that dropping the $3k in extras down to $2983.3434 (on top of only $400 under msrp) is an awesome deal. Wasted 2-3 hrs of my life trying to negotiate there. The 'BS meter' in my head kept going off the whole time...

Pleasanton - in person, the Retail Ops Mgr and Internet Sales Mgr are very friendly and helpful. The Retail Ops Mgr sat down and really looked around for me, and was very upfront about everything. They say they're the only dealer that never charges >MSRP, and at the time she mentioend she would beat my broker's price (~$2k over invoice). She also said Frontier and Penninsula hate her and won't do trades w/her b/c she sells more than 2x their volume. Before I left, I asked her to look for the one I wanted, but she never got back to me. They probably don't really need to chase after a customer who doesn't wanna pay MSRP.

Niello - went there and looked at their stock myself, but nobody paid attn to me. Not that it should matter too much, but it isn't a nice-looking dealership.

Roseville - almost completely ignored me, and wouldn't even let me test drive. Talked briefly with a few of the salespeople, but didn't like their attitudes.

I was looking for a loaded IP 6MT (and wasn't willing to wait 3mo), but if you're getting something that's easier to find, you can def. get a better deal. I flew down to LA to pick up my car I might've gotten a better price by ordering, but I'm really not regretting anything about this car.

In negotiation, it might be good to say you're not color-specific, then when you reach a good price, push them to find you your color.

Aaron6166,

I was looking for a IP coupe with Stone interior in the Bay Area, but no dealers had this combo. Is this the combo you got? Peninsula Infiniti located one, but wanted to charge me about $900 to have it shipped to their dealership. I assume it must have been far away. Please post pics when you get your car.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I would definately stay away from penninsula Infiniti.......unless you have money to burn and want to deal with some liars. They will tell you what you want to hear on the phone...when you get there....you'll start back over again. I left and went to Serramonte to get my G.
You may want to call their internet/ fleet sales manager...tell him/her that your looking for the best deal and you are calling around trying to get best offers. I would do that with all the dealerships you are willing to travel to.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
I talked to a lot of dealerships before buying my G35.

I stopped by Frontier Infiniti since they were close to work, and they were able to give me $200 over invoice after some slight negotiation over the phone after driving the demo car around.

On the way to visit my parents up in Elk Grove, I stopped by Pleasanton, and they had the car I wanted. Right away, we talked prices and the Fleet manager came out and said he'll sell it for $300 over invoice.

I went to Infiniti of Elk Grove, and they wouldnt budge on their price. They slapped on all these extra options too.

Pennisula Infiniti called me a lot trying to get the sale. In the end, he wouldn't quote me a price on the phone, and after I bought my car, he then said: "Oh, my manager was willing to go blah blah under invoice."

So I ended up buying at Pleasonton Infiniti. They gave me an awesome deal, and the employees there were very kind and respectful. I would go back there to buy another car.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
hmmm...seems like alot of people are not happy with peninsula infiniti....well i bought my 05 G35 coupe last week from them...this is what i got: Auto, DG exterior, graphite interior, lojack(i didn't want it), the new 19inch rims, premium package, splash guard all for 37,778 OTD...now is this a good price or not?

Old 03-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Go to Infiniti of Serramonte and ask for Sam. He is very nice guy. I got my G from him.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Z2G
i think the "dealer experience" really depends on who you work with. i know that frontier infiniti and peninsula infiniti are owned by the same ppl. i had purchased my 03 coupe from frontier and they tried to sneak in the lojack too. i caught it before i signed the paperwork. around oct. 2004, i went back to them because i wanted to purchase the 05 6mt coupe. i stated that i was a returning customer. however, they refused to go under msrp. i called around and the only dealer that was willing to haggle was peninsula infiniti. they ended up giving me about $1500 off msrp....go figure. a couple months later, someone on this forum got $500 over invoice for the exact same car at frontier--the same dealer that wouldn't budge for me, a previous customer!!!

by the way, peninsula infiniti never tried the lojack stunt on me. perhaps it was because it turned out i knew the finance rep from college...i don't know.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Peninsula - Dealer wanted $2K non-refundable deposit after baiting me in with an auto.

Frontier - Kept pushing lo-jack and would not budge further than $500 off MSRP on a 6MT.

Ended up ordering an M3 .

Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by marfong
Aaron6166,

I was looking for a IP coupe with Stone interior in the Bay Area, but no dealers had this combo. Is this the combo you got? Peninsula Infiniti located one, but wanted to charge me about $900 to have it shipped to their dealership. I assume it must have been far away. Please post pics when you get your car.
I got IP/Wheat, but I was originally shopping for an IP/Stone. The thing is, the ones w/6MT and Nav are harder to find. You should be able to find a local dealer or two that has an Auto in stock or coming in soon. They can check other dealers' incoming lists, too. If you were shopping at the same time I was, Penninsula might've been eyeing my original target in Santa Monica (IP/Stone 6MT w/Nav). Someone walked in and paid MSRP+$1k for it before I could put my deposit down.

They had to ship one in from Phoenix, AZ for me ($500, broker covered half of it). Shipping from Grubbs is $600, so $900 is a bit steep. Not surprised tho, b/c it's Penninsula...

I got my car a few weeks ago, actually. Do a search for the thread titled something like "got a new IP 6MT Nav!". There are pics in there.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to Niello Infiniti in Concord, they gave me a relatively good deal; $1000 dollars off MSRP, instead of 37,900 i only payed 36,900 plus taxes and fees. They have a big selection of cars with good packages, but beware if your not going to be willing to pay for packages, they only had one base model which was like 33,000. Overall it was a good experience i reccomend you check out their dealership, but let them know that you are ready to leave at any moment, get up even if you have to. Have Fun Buying the G!!!

Old 04-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
I went to Niello Infiniti in Concord, they gave me a relatively good deal; $1000 dollars off MSRP, instead of 37,900 i only payed 36,900 plus taxes and fees. They have a big selection of cars with good packages, but beware if your not going to be willing to pay for packages, they only had one base model which was like 33,000. Overall it was a good experience i reccomend you check out their dealership, but let them know that you are ready to leave at any moment, get up even if you have to. Have Fun Buying the G!!!
That's a terrible deal for an auto. You should have gotten the car $2500 to $3000 off MSRP.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Rno
Originally Posted by Rno
Folks,

Any one from the Bay Area would like to share good/bad experience with local dealers, and how low they could bring the prices ?
I've had a little below 2k over invoice for fully loaded so far, without hassling
too much?
I ended up buying from Frontier Infiniti.
They seemed pretty set on the price for some time, and after few calls and
change in negociation, they lowered, threw in goodies ... for a 1,200 over
invoice price. Customer service seems to be prety good over there, as some
others pointed out in this thread.

My baby is actually scheduled to arrive at Peninsula, but since they are
"sister" delearships....

Can't way to drive it now !

--Rno.

'05 6MT Black/Black -- ETA 05/05

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cheapest Dealer in Bay Area, CA