G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ABS, SLIP & VDC, over and over again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS, SLIP & VDC, over and over again

I wish this had fallen off of the truck when it was delivered!

So my 03 coupe has been in the shop 4 times in the last 2 months for ABS, SLIP & VDC lights on. It started after the dealer (Cerritos) replaced the front pads (warrenty). They have done...nothing, filled the fluid, replaced the ABS controller and mostly scrached thier asses. The problems returns with amazing regularity.

So my service guy and his manager and I had the first little "lemon law" chat this afternoon when I took it back in. (mostly just mentioning it) I'm concerned that with a history like this I won't be able to sell it, and I'm not feeling good about being it it now.

Has anyone been thru this process in California? I'd be interested in hearing about the good, bad and ugly of it.

Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Well, I don;t know what this is really about.

Im very new to the G35 scene but the G I just bought (also a cali car) has the VDC/Slip/ABS light on. I restarted the car numerously.

I'd also like some sort of answer.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you going to the same dealership each time to get it fixed?

Old 04-05-2005, 12:35 AM
more likely a wheel sensor than the controller.

If it had been fine until the deal did a brake job... it isn't too hard to figure some monkey at the shop tweaked something

Old 04-05-2005, 02:27 AM
I mentioned the brake job to them each time. Mentioned the sensor. Not a lot of good I guess. And yes, the same dealership each time.

I also remember about a year ago when this happened and I was able to "solve" it by topping off the brake fluid. But that's already been done now.

Would still like to hear of any CA Lemon Law experiences.

Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TopTech
Has anyone been thru this process in California? I'd be interested in hearing about the good, bad and ugly of it.

Thanks.
Rob_G35's car was lemon lawed in Cali, you might want to PM him and ask..

Old 04-05-2005, 08:59 AM
more likely a wheel sensor than the controller
i agree.but not the sensor that goes bad.it might be some how too close so it gives faulty reading.move the wheel sensor back a little.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Banned
i got my car from cerritos infiniti. i hate them.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by g35noob
i got my car from cerritos infiniti. i hate them.
Yeah, I didn't buy it there. 2 years ago they were asking and getting a 5K premium over the sticker. I went to Glendale. No word yet back from them this morning.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
What size tires are fitted to the cars in question?

Old 04-05-2005, 01:34 PM
PDT
Did they look at this TSB and see if it applies to your car?

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-014.htm

Old 04-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I still have the original (except for 1) 17's on the car. ( I don't drive it a lot) Goodyears I think. I could look up the size, but not right now.

And I would expect that they would go over all the TSB's. Anyway the ABS controller was replaced last month, and that looks like what the TSB is about.

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Its very possible that the replacement controller is defective, just because its a brand new part dosent mean that ir works. IMO the fact that the ABS unit is failing is a coincidence that its happening after having the brakes replaced. It is possibe that whoever did the brakes did mess somthing up, but I have seen ABS controller and ABS pump failures several times which leads me to believe this is a seprate problem.

Id say print out that TSB linked to above and ask if you can see the file copy which has the diagnostic printout to see if it does or dosent have code C1145.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:58 AM
I might be able to help with the lemon law thing I'll let my dad know because he's gone thruough it and see if he can give me something to PM to you. He said that the main thing to do is record all the days that your car has been in the shop and you without a car. We had a 2000 Passat Glx and ended up with a rental car for 54 days. A montero sport. It was awful. Anyways after them replacing the transmission and a ton of other problems we finally got a replacement 02 Passat which was also a burden because we got rear ended by a big rig on the freeway (not a lot of damge) so we traded it in to infiti and got ourselves a 03 G35 6mt. Ok no more story but yeah I'll try to get some information for you.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I had that problem and it was a sensor that went bad. I think it was the brake sensor. Anyway, there is a TSB for it. My dealer fixed it and have not had any problems with it again. Looks like your service dept. is not doing a very good job. Whenever I have a problem that has to do with a TSB, I printed out and take to them just as a friendly reminder that I know what's wrong with my car. Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ABS, SLIP & VDC, over and over again