G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Keeping my G swirless and scratchless is becoming an obsession

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping my G swirless and scratchless is becoming an obsession

The G is my daily driver and thus I'm bound to get scratches and knicks, but every time i notice a new scratch or see swirl marks I am looking for an immediate solution, KNOWING that within a month new scratches and swirl marks ARE GOING TO SHOW UP AGAIN! It just seems that keeping this car looking perfect is a hopeless endeavor that is making me waste hundreds of dollars. I also know that this is all done for the sake self-satisfaction because the only people who will notice that the swirl marks and scratches are gone after a hard days of work are me and the professional detailers who happen to end up seeing my car! This car is giving me OCD!!! Does anyone feel the same way?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Banned
how do you get rid of swirls?

i hate them.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meguiar's ScratchX and NXT TechWax.

It will reduce swirls significantly...

Old 04-07-2005, 01:24 AM
how about meguiar's scratchx and Z5?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I was that way with a black Prelude I owned.....that's why I go with a lighter color car now.....and yeah, having a nice ride has always been sorta nerve-racking for me when I take it somewhere...

Old 04-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Gangster Member
dont take it so seriously, i have blk one and even when its dirty i like it.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just finished washing my black coupe and guess what i found. More phucking rock chips! I'm over it. Yeah, i was hella **** before, but now i'm whatever about it. The more you worry about the scratches and chips, the more they appear.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to care alot about little swirls and such when i first got my car, but now, i dont really care all that much. I just hide all of them with Meguiars NXT wax every now and then when they start showing up too much

Old 04-07-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by erockoneskee
The G is my daily driver and thus I'm bound to get scratches and knicks, but every time i notice a new scratch or see swirl marks I am looking for an immediate solution, KNOWING that within a month new scratches and swirl marks ARE GOING TO SHOW UP AGAIN! It just seems that keeping this car looking perfect is a hopeless endeavor that is making me waste hundreds of dollars. I also know that this is all done for the sake self-satisfaction because the only people who will notice that the swirl marks and scratches are gone after a hard days of work are me and the professional detailers who happen to end up seeing my car! This car is giving me OCD!!! Does anyone feel the same way?
welcome to the club. your obession with the car may have spawned else where but this is where it takes full flight. best recommendation i can make is to PREVENT scratches and swirls, period. the best way to do that would be to keep a very nice coat of wax on the car (at all times pretty much). dont machine wash your car and dont use towels, (use a shamie (sp?)). other considerations (depending on obsession level), take your **** personality and spread it else where- meaning, keep the tools you use to clean your car, as clean or cleaner than your car. this is where where 99% of people f' up. one grain of sand can cause an infinite amount of scratches.

john

Old 04-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
doesn't most ppl rave about using zaino. that's why i spent an unnecessary amount of money on it.
i have had no experience with Zaino, however, i hear conflicting opinions every time i do research on the product. some people love it, some find that a premium wax such as Meg.'s NXT does just as good of a job. what i found to be most interesting was the amount of negative feedback from previous Zaino users who now use a premium brand wax. maybe the performance of Zaino doesn't justify its price. im satisfied with how well Meg.'s NXT performs and dont feel the need to waste the money "experimenting" with something that im already satisfied with.

john

Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Obsession

Yeah, my obsession with the G started the day I test drove it - - Over a year and a half ago! Now I've got a 6MT coming to me in May and I can't stop thinking about it...

Even though I've pulled the trigger to buy one, there is still lots of stuff to do. I've got to do all of that compulsory stuff like getting the loan, insurance, registration, etc. and that all takes some planning and thought. While before, my focus was on which color to buy and whether or not to get the sedan or coupe (I was getting the 6MT either way), now my mind races through the options of window tint, clear bra, and mp3 installation.

To be honest, I don't know what I'd do without this website. It's already saved me about $1500, as far as I can figure. Not to mention that I would have no place to vent my thoughts about the car. Even though my girlfriend says she doesn't mind listening, I'm sure I've become at least a little fixated. I must have shown the brochure and pictures of a coupe (like the one I ordered) to everyone at my office. If anyone has a cure, let me know!

Damn! I'm ready to drive it. But, alas, I'll have to wait until May.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
listen to this...in the beginning I copied the license plates of the cars next to me. I might be more obsessive than you.

dude i do that like every time im in a parking lot. especially like a supermarket or something like that. and hell yeah am i **** with the marks and anything with the car. its not normal, its healthy. lol. u gotta stay on top of that **** if u want ur car looking showroom perfect.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
I have had my car for 9 months now and have no swirl marks. Maybe its the DG color, but I think it is the extra care I take in washing it.

I never take a brush to it, hand wash only with Zaino.

I have waxed it twice with Zaino and use the Z-6 spray (awesome stuff) in between washing. Occasional California car duster as well.

Zaino is by far the best product I have used. I have used a lot of waxes and none of them are as easy to apply and take off as Zaino....and the finish looks awesome. All of the waxes I used before Zaino were hard to take off and really required a lot of elbow grease. Zaino comes off very easily and looks fantastic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping my G swirless and scratchless is becoming an obsession