G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What the?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy What the?

Man, I just noticed a little crease in the quarter panel directly after the door. I only saw it because the lights in my garage were reflecting off of it. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing thing when the piece was pressed or if someone pushed too hard when detailing the car. I didn't notice anything when I picked it up because it was sunny. You can only see it when you put a reflection on the side of the car and look down the side. Its noticeable because the reflection bends at that point. The other side doesn't have it. Maybe I'm being too obsessive because its new, and I'm really trying to find flaws.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Pics dude...

Old 04-09-2005, 02:14 AM
My camera sucks a$$! You can't really see anything on the screen. All it really looks like is the light bending around an indention. You can't feel anything or see anything directly. Its when you approach from a 45 degree angle from behind or in front and there is a reflection right along the line that runs through the door handle and along the side. I think it was a result of the press when forming the body panel or someone pushing too hard at the factory or dealership while assembling or cleaning. I don't think it is worth even trying to get it fixed. Im not sure anyone else would notice it.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Yep, I'm on my own, dealer said it didn't happen there. I looked at it in the sunlight today. Totally fu**ed up quarter pannel. Looks like someone punched it because there are knuckle-like marks in it. I only have 50 miles on the car, and already this. I don't know what to do. I took it to the Dent Wiz. and they said the only way they would be able to get to it (maybe) is if they removed the entire rear inside pannel behind the driver. That would probably never get put back correctly. I am totally freaking out here. I'm stuck with a tainted taste in my mouth already. I've only driven the car like 2 times.

Old 04-10-2005, 03:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if they dentless place is skilled enoug they can drill a small hole within the plastic by the door and move their inner piece along the ridges to the inner surface of the 1/4 panel and do the repair that way. once done they'll just put a small plastic cork in the place and you'll never even notice. many dentless places do the same with the door panels and just drill a small hole within the plastic and plug it later.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that-the first damage is always hard.

This may be wrong, but aren't some dents like that pulled out with a toilet plunger-like device (or even a toilet plunger)? Don't try this at home, unless a more knowledgeable person than I tells you how.

My worst first damage story was with my first car , a new 1970 Fiat 124 Spyder, red, I bought when I was 24. I was living in NYC (Lower East Side) and the car arrived one week before my indoor garage spot was going to be available. I paid the gas station on the corner to park it on their lot for the week. After one or two days they put it in the street to clear their area during the day. It was hit by a bus and had a crushed left front fender. They paid for the repair, but it was not a great job. It got damaged again 3 months later (same fender) and wasn't any better after that repair. None of that affected the terrible reliability of the car though! It was fun to drive.

Your damage seems less and the car is a much better car. I hope it can be easily fixed. Good Luck.

Old 04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I should hear back from the shop tomorrow. They aren't open on weekends (surprisingly), but they said that they may be able to give me special appt. on Saturday. Their shop is directly accross from the dealership I bought my car at. They said that they have a contract with them to inspect all new deliveries and make repairs, so it sounds like they are very familiar with Infinitis. The interior pannel should be removable. Anyone tried before, or had a similar problem?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.