G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help on color choice, having 2nd thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help on color choice, having 2nd thoughts

Dealership just cashed my non-refundable deposit a few days ago. Originally I wanted IP/Graphite like many, so I went with the closest alternative. And no this isn't coming from the girly thread I spoke with my salesman today and I have one more week before the order goes in firm, they are submitting their orders for cars, next week, first week of May. I have a IP/Stone on order but still contemplating DG/G due to the interior, damnit I just love the graphite interior. My last 4 cars/trucks have been silver or gray so hence the white choice, I've never had a white car, and kind of bored of the same old chit. I think the G looks good in almost any color, but I don't want to have regrets down the road and I'm just being a wish washy b1tch about color choice right now The one thing I've thought about is that my silver/gray cars have masked dings in the paint quite well and it seems like the white would show every little mark quite easily for the years to come. If anyone could help me make up my mind, it would be helpful Pics are also scattered amongst a trillion threads so post them if you got 'em, and if you went through the same thing being an indecisive b1tch, chime in I live in TX, where the sun is bright and it gets hot, so that is a major factor as well. I think I'm going to keep going by the dealership every night before work to look, again, and again

Old 04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
SUD
Come to the exclusive side hehe

Went through everything you are. Love pretty much all the colours. Have owned most colours and while I love the Black, Red and IP they just aren't practical for me. I love to drive my car....washing it...not so much

So, I settled on something different that looks very classy, has the graphite inside, and is much lower maintenance on the cleaning side. Couldn't be happier with my choice. I think it all depends on an honest self-reflection of how much effort you want to put into cleaning etc. I absolutely love the pics of all the guys (and gals) cars on this site....beautiful. But my last car was black, the one before red, and the one before white...and the 10 days a year I cleaned em up they looked great. The other 355 days they looked like crap I've only had the G a few days and it has been raining for every second of them...my colour still looks great....my black Subaru...looks like crap.

SUD (obviously way too lazy to deserve such a beautiful car)

Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
yea... basically
White = attracts everything
Black = shows swirl marks and stuff
Silver = best

BUT black looks the hottest when clean...

Old 04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
^ agreed but white is nice, even though it's rice...
I saw a guy with 1 the other day and he upgraded his headlights so the night and days match in hue...looked sweet

Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
definitely go with DG/G. I was deciding between Black and DG, went with DG in the end. I am so glad that i did. No offense to anyone but I just can't wash the car day in day out. The car is there for use, not you the driver being slave to it. Takes me 90 minutes to wash the car everytime and that's on a DG which hides dirt and scratches. Just imagine if IP or Blk.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Well, I was also in the same sencernio as you, already had own two other vechicals that wear both grey and silver. Anyways, I decided to go with the IP, no regreats yet after one year on owning it but I enjoy washing my car once or twice a week!!! If you really don't have the time to it clean and pamper it, or park in the garage you might won't think of an darker color.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:53 PM
DG/G for sure!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrpnow
yea... basically
White = attracts everything
Black = shows swirl marks and stuff
Silver = best

BUT black looks the hottest when clean...
White is actually quite a bit better for keeping clean than black.

Swirls are also pretty hard to see on Ivory Pearl.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
swirls are impossible to see on ivory pearl, and water spots are barely visible. you'll only notice its dirty when you actually run a finger across and see the smudges. but then again, white is girly and real men dont get white cars

Old 04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Dont let your feminine side sway your decision definitely get the DG/G or better yet the stone is hot. You will have to rice out the white colored G to make it meaner looking like a carbon hood, blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, chrome rims, etc. etc. so thats a waste. Plus DG looks clean even when its dirty you cant go wrong. Silver and Black are good second choices.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Heres a pic of DG:

Attached Thumbnails Need help on color choice, having 2nd thoughts-car-008.jpg   Need help on color choice, having 2nd thoughts-car-017.jpg  
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Get the DG, that will be one less IP on the road.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I went through the same exact thing as you when I was buying my car...... DG vs IP......in the end I went with IP because it stands out during the day and doesn't disappear at night. It has a great contrast with the dark tinted windows and doesn't absorb the heat like the darker colors. It isn't hard to keep clean.....pollen disappears on IP and doesn't look bad like on other colors......a California Car Duster works wonders between washes. IP was my preference.....others are entitled to their opinions, however once they start paying for my cars, then I will listen to them and let them decide what is best for me....until then, I will decide what looks best. In the end, you are the one that must make the decision that makes YOU happy. IP is tight.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:03 AM
If I had a choice and could do it all over again. I would go with Lakeshore Slate or Athens Blue. DG is so F'n common and Blue seems to be a good compromise with the whole cleaning thing. Either way the car is a blast to drive so that is what counts.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best looking '05 color is Athens Blue!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help on color choice, having 2nd thoughts