G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Factory car cover?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory car cover?

Anyone here purchase the factory car cover? Where did you pick yours up from? I think it would be a wise investment since I plan on going on vacation overseas during summer (can't bring the G, sadly lol). Is it worth out to shell the extra money for the "factory" cover. Input appreciated...

Old 05-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the factory cover is worth it. If you looking for an all weather type cover get the Noah material (aftermarket brand), it's thicker then the weathershield material that the OEM uses. I like the weathershield better since it's lighter and you can fold it easier in your trunk.

Old 05-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I didn't get the OEM cover b/c i think it's way over priced...I bought mine from Stillen for like $70 at the time...now i think it's $100 not much more.... and it fits the car like a glove. Since my car isn't a garage queen I use it most of the time unless it rains so i'm not sure how well it works under those conditions. Hope this helps you

Old 05-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my factory cover thrown in with my car purchase. It's okay but I wouldn't consider it an all weather cover by any means. To me it's more of a dust cover. I previously owned an evolution3 I bought many years ago for a mazda I owned. it was a far superior cover.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was so happy with my G that I bought the stock one from the dealership (you can get it cheaper from infiniti-parts.com or others). It does hold on water, but it wont shield it 100% though... It does what I want it to do, dont let dirt go trhough and its thin enought that air can go through ventilating your car. I read many like the Noah one, but I havent even seen one. Its pretty hard for me to put the car cover on an off as is, so I dont know how much harder the Noah one is lol.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but is the OEM car cover material different from covercraft's weathershield(some variant?) or is it totally the same?

Old 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but is the OEM car cover material different from covercraft's weathershield(some variant?) or is it totally the same?
The cover you buy from Infiniti "factory" as some called it .. is made by covercraft & is a weathershield model ... worth the money .. nice cover

Old 10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
uhm so whats the difference between a customized weathershield car cover & an oem infiniti car cover?

Old 10-20-2005, 01:06 AM
I got the one from Stillen from my Infiniti dealership. They wanted over $200 for the OEM cover and it felt like a thin rain coat to me. The Stillen one is much thicker, waterproof, and is breathable unlike the OEM one. I paid $140 for the Stillen one. It also has Stillen in red lettering on the front.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 AM
anyone?

Old 10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
uhm so whats the difference between a customized weathershield car cover & an oem infiniti car cover?
The"OEM" is not made by Infiniti .... It's a covercraft cover

Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by kalikid
The Stillen one ... is breathable unlike the OEM one.
The OEM one is thin, and doesn't appear to be that great for all-weather protection. But it definitly has breathable down. If your're going to keep it in a garage I'd go with it.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
The "OEM" as some are calling it is breathable for sure ... & is an all weather cover. It does not have to be heavy to work well for the outdoors ... Technology plays in that roll ... Just go read up on Covercraft's WeatherShield covers & you can learn about the cover you want to buy.... The heavy covers don't make more of an improvement in this situation. The material used in the WeatherShield will not scratch your car like some of the heavy cheap covers spoke about above.

Here is some info I pulled for you:

WeatherShield®, uses the patented EPIC by Nextec® encapsulation process, originally developed for high performance outdoor sports-wear. Their proprietary technology uses precision and controlled placement of special polymers to make ordinary fabrics extraordinary! This encapsulation process places an ultra-thin film around the fabric fibers and precisely places a durable, breathable barrier within the woven polyester fabric to complete the high performance finish process. Unlike traditional coatings and laminations that just protect one side of the fabric, Nextec uses up to 40 computerized process controls to place protective polymers inside the fabric, to shed water, dust, bird droppings, tree sap and industrial pollutants.

The result is a fabric that provides maximum protection, but isn't bulky and hard to store. Using Nextec encapsulation technology CoverCraft has created the ultimate car cover...and they named it WeatherShield because no other fabric has ever shielded your car or truck from the elements like this one!

FEATURES:
Weatherproof - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.

Superior Dry Time - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. That means, if the cover has been sitting out in the rain you only need to shake it and the residue moisture will easily dry, in the trunk or on the car.

Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.

UV Resistant - Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicles finish and interior.

Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.

Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection. Nextec fabric has been tested at 1,000 cycles on abrasion wheels without scratching (surface must be clean and waxed).

Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.

Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean most car-size WeatherShield covers in your HOME washer and dryer.

Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into 1/4 to 1/2 the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics.

Last edited by G35Vision; 10-24-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Can one of you please leave a link for me so i can buy one!

Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.covercraft.com

http://www.carcoversdirect.com

http://216.60.144.111/ecatcust/getx....=p&nextkey=c-w

PS. Go with the light gray .. It will resist the sun better

Last edited by G35Vision; 10-24-2005 at 09:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Factory car cover?