Call the Cops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my oil changes are free at infiniti

i would just want to go there anyways to check out the cars

Old 05-23-2005, 02:36 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
where do u live MC2? i'll do it for some in&out if ur in so cal..

$22ish Mobil1 oil at walmart
$6 Filter at Nissan dealer
$2 double double at in&out

$30 total
Thanks for the offer

But i guess i'll take everyone's advice and bring her in to the dealer.. I wonder how much just labor is because i think i'll be brining my own oil in each time. I wonder if they're gonna want to charge me the same rate.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Unless you are bringing an oil they won't supply, you will not likely save much.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well i've heard of people paying as much as 75 dollars for a synthetic oil... that's basically 50 dollars just for labor!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I know the prices vary with the dealer, but, as I've said, mine was $40 for the oil change (their oil) with a loaner car. Tough to beat. I haven't asked what it would be with synthetic, theirs or BYO.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My local dealer is $34 for oil change.

If you want to do it yourself, that is how to save money....

Oil on sale $5 or so. Filter $11. Washer $1. So $16 instead of $34.

But.........

Getting that plate and 16 screws off the bottom of the Coupe is such a bee yatch. Oil changes on other cars take me 10-15 minutes. Because of that plate, the G takes me 45. And it hurts my back.

So I usually go to the dealer.

I've done it about 6 times myself.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart (5 quarts for $20) and have the dealer change the oil, or do it yourself. No way would I take my car to Jiffy Lube type places.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
I've changed my own oil for decades, and continue to do so for my pickup. With this car, I'm thinking that I'm going to let the dealer do it for a change. This is my first "upscale" car, and if something goes wrong I want to make sure that they're going to fix it.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:29 AM
My oil changes/maintenance are free for 2yr/24K at Infiniti. With saying that after that's up i plan on doing my oil changes at the very least myself. Mind you i've only done oil changes to any of my cars a couple of times...I've either had the dealer do it or a good friend....My point is don't do it!!! There's an old adage: "You pay for what you get" and even though it's cheaper...you'll get ****ty work....Pls heed the warning....

Old 05-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Infinite1
My oil changes/maintenance are free for 2yr/24K at Infiniti. With saying that after that's up i plan on doing my oil changes at the very least myself. Mind you i've only done oil changes to any of my cars a couple of times...I've either had the dealer do it or a good friend....My point is don't do it!!! There's an old adage: "You pay for what you get" and even though it's cheaper...you'll get ****ty work....Pls heed the warning....
I agree. If you do it yourself at least you can make sure everything is going correctly. However, it sounds more like you're just a bit worried of screwing it up so you wish to take it in for the change. One day, just meet up with another G owner and have him show you how to do it. It's really not that bad. I plan on making my girl do the next change on her car so she knows how.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by s14roller
I agree. If you do it yourself at least you can make sure everything is going correctly. However, it sounds more like you're just a bit worried of screwing it up so you wish to take it in for the change. One day, just meet up with another G owner and have him show you how to do it. It's really not that bad. I plan on making my girl do the next change on her car so she knows how.
I have to agree with both ends. Yes, you do have to be careful where you take it; and yes it's good to know your service reps at the dealer but with that being said...do you really want them drooling as soon as they see you because they're about to bend you over YET again!?!? You'll laugh at this but I've taken my car to wal-mart $35 for Mobil 1 synthetic...not $70-75 like the dealer wanted...and I've gotten great jobs everytime cause the guys know me there...the 1st time it was 4 guys wanting to vacuum and ck the fluids and everything..it was a funny sight cause all the other cars got unattended and people were looking at me and the car and going WTF?!?! what about our cars. Yes, it's a great valuable car but that doesn't justify in allowing yourself to be taken for $75.00 for an oil change. Think about it...$75 for 5 quarts of oil and 1 oil filter. If you have a great job and don't care how much you spend and/or get taken for...then by all means..I personally have other better things I can take care off with any extra money I have. Just my two humble pesos....

JD

Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
can and would you take your car to a nissan dealer??

Old 05-24-2005, 06:53 PM
"Some stories I heard from people who went to quick lube/pep-boy shops.
1: over-fill the oil.
2: over-fill all fluids
3: stripped the nut for the oil drain plug.
4: cross threaded the oil filter.
5: put tranny fluid in the oil by accident.
6: scratched the fender and hood.
7: Over inflated the tires.
8: Tore a radiator hose on a car? **Don't know how that happened.**

Buy the way I seen 1-2-6 & 7 happen on friends cars. The others I heard from people i used to work with or had conversations with."

#7s tru.. and wouldnt be surprised if they messed up in other areas.. the mechanic at jiffy lube didnt no ****.. he was about to put 45 psi in my tires.. i think he wanted to blow them up.. lol

Old 05-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just bring your car into Walmart for an oil change. First class service....hahaha! To be honest, I had no problems with them with my other car but would be scared to let them touch my G. I get scared even when I bring in my G to Infiniti. Look what they did to my rim when I had my tire replaced this weekend.

Last edited by gnut; 05-24-2005 at 11:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: oil change at pepboys?