G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe and the RSX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
Here is my driveway.. You can probably tell which one we think is nicer

Ok serious note, my sister has a 04 type S and I have my 6MT coupe. I drive her car pretty often and to me, my car would eat hers for lunch. (keep in mind their both 6spds) They are totally two different cars, and it would take way to long to compare every aspect of each. overall I would take my G anyday. Go with the G man, you wont have any regrets.
wow you are mean hahaha
everyone would do same thing if they have rsx type s and G
obvious

Old 05-25-2005, 09:40 PM
my friend has a 2005 RSX Type-S...his car is pretty quick on the high end...but he still wishes he could have gotten the G35

Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you get an RSX, I am sure you will end up wishing you had the G.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
I own both. My son drives the RSX and I drive the G35 both are MT. The RSX is fun but I prefer the G35.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks all for the replies, I did also post on RSXforum and they seem to say the same, they all like the RSX but love the G35 more...I think I am really leaning toward the G now, even though I wanted to stay loyal to Honda...I have always driven Hondas and love thier reliability.
Once I buy either I will post pics, thanks!

Old 05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I had questions like this for my final lol!

Old 05-25-2005, 11:02 PM
The RSX is a chicks car man.. 160hp fwd? what is that?

Just playing. I do think the car as a bit of a girls car though. The Type-S isnt too bad, but I still think there are better cars out there for the money. I'd go for an SRT-4 in that price range instead. Turbo'd and a bit quicker. Of course, comparing it to the G35 isnt really fair, the G35 is a lot more expensive, while the SRT-4 hangs with the G35 when it comes to speed suprisingly. I wonder why I dont see more SRT-4's, as well as GTO's on the road since both offer such good performance at a low price. Maybe if they werent ugly, and didnt resemble all of the other models that their manufacturers make.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
I have a 02 type S and have been thinking of a G as my next car. I test drove a 05 6mt G35 and it is a very nice car...I love the interior and it looks pretty good outside as well. The only thing that dissappointed me was that it did not seem much faster than my rsx(with just a CAI) but it was veerrrry smooth with more torque. I would definitely get the G if it didnt cost so much more. I myself am not sure if I am willing to pay that much difference for the G at this point, but it is definitely a sweet car that is in a different class than the rsx. I also have 2 yrs left on my loan and it would be nice to not have car payments....but it would also be very sweet to have a G. I cant make up my mind myself!

Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by heeb
The RSX is a chicks car man.. 160hp fwd? what is that?

Just playing. I do think the car as a bit of a girls car though. The Type-S isnt too bad, but I still think there are better cars out there for the money. I'd go for an SRT-4 in that price range instead. Turbo'd and a bit quicker. Of course, comparing it to the G35 isnt really fair, the G35 is a lot more expensive, while the SRT-4 hangs with the G35 when it comes to speed suprisingly. I wonder why I dont see more SRT-4's, as well as GTO's on the road since both offer such good performance at a low price. Maybe if they werent ugly, and didnt resemble all of the other models that their manufacturers make.
I think he was going for RSX-S which has 210 hp.

Neons have on of the worst resale value of the cars out there. Don't buy it unless you plan to keep it for a long long time.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Cmon Son!
It seems that the majority of the RSX forum guys are more proffessional than we are over here heh...

I think over time you would regret not getting the G. If I had the money and the timing was right (it was 2002), I would have gotten the G hands down...

Old 05-26-2005, 09:25 AM
For the money the RSX S is a good car... But the interior reminds me of a civic and all your power is only at realy high rpm and you have to really push the car hard to get it... If money really isn't that much of issue get a new G, if it is get a used G; you will be much happier IMO.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

I still say they are just two different "Beasts" to even compare. It's just wild that those two (very diff cars would be on the same list of possibilities).

To me, you pull up in a G and heads turn. (Style+Power+Refinement+Luxury+Nissan Reputation, the list goes on)

Pull up in a RSX Type (whatever you want it's not going to make it any better aka "S"), Just another Rice Kiddy Compact scooting around, nothing more...

But that's just me of course....

Just used to the G being compared to a "Comparable" car like the TL, which even STILL isn't in the same class (RWD)

Old 05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
WhiteonWheat... I think you sum it up correctly.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi,
My brother just purchased a 05 RSX-S. For the money, this car offers a lot. The car looks sweet, the ride is very comfortable (firm yet not bone jarring), and the power is definitely there, even before vtec land. IMO it would be more of a driver’s race if a G went up against a RSX-s, w/ better odds on the G due to low end torque. Interior is very nice, seats wrap around ya, leather is good, and road noise is to a minimum. The G is a bit more refined, w/ subtle details all around and engine noise is non-existent w/ the windows up (v6 and 10k+ more it better be). Acura went to town with the rigidity of the frame in the RSX, lots of braces and cross members. Yes, the engine screams…but this baby’s pumping 210hp out of a nat asp’d 4 banger. My eclipse GSX was 210 w/ a turbo (stock of course). Driving in a friend’s s2k for the first time, I was like, “Um, dude…shift”, so one of the few sacrifices w/ vtec is that the real power is made up top, so engine noise = power. Anyway, I love my G, but I defiantly have a lot of respect for the RSX-s. If you want performance, style but don’t want to thump out the $ for the G, I highly recommend the RSX-s.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I currently have an '02 RSX-S. I've enjoyed it, but am thinking about getting an '05 G35 M6. To me the RSX is still a 'kids' car, though nice, the interior is decent, I really HATE that there is no center console/arm rest, has bothered me from day one. It is actually a noisey car, my girlfriend noticed that right away on day one. Even without taking into vtec range. I really love the lines of the G35, I'd like to FINALLY get a car that is bigger than a 4 banger, the interior just feels more luxiurious and I like the increase in size personally.

Last edited by tw1tch; 05-27-2005 at 05:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe and the RSX