G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

whats with these drivers these day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats with these drivers these day?

on the way home last nite i come to a stoplight and wait for it to turn green right? while im waiting, this dude slouched over in his shiney clk430 pulls up next to me and brakes late so that his driver side window was right next to my front tire. the whole time before the light turns green hes glancing over trying to taunt me into a little fun. when the light turns green, he guns it. and what do i do? i wait till hes about 5-6 cars ahead, then let my foot off the brake and let my car slowwllyyyy start to accelerate. haha

the same day, similar situation. but this time with a brand new gunmetal convert. m3. im at stoplight, blah blah blah, nothing out of the ordinary. he pulls up next right to me, light turns green, he guns it. such a common story. but at least this time i got to hear the raspity sound that the m3's make when accelerating hard. haha as soon as he started to gas it, i opened the window and listened lol. and then took my foot off the gas and went on my way. the even stupider thing here was that traffic about 2 miles up allowed me to catch up to him going speed limit the entire way.

IMO, its one thing to "race" and beat someone. but its another thing to not even give a care that someone wants to or tries to play around with you. everytime this kinda thing happens, i jsut think to myself that they are looking at their rear view mirror at me wondering why i didnt even try. but instead went slower than the minivan next to me.
for the most part, i kno what my car is and is not capable of. and im not about to take on any ol' dudes taunt for a race just cause they do it. i got better ways to use my gas.

any of u guys feel what im saying?
.. or maybe its just me. hahah

Old 05-31-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm with you, man... I've had the same 'encounter' with many WRXs (STi or not), various fart rockets, M3s, muscle cars... I'll just chill and take my time. If I happen to catch up to them in traffic (which happens pretty often), I'll just get in their way. Even if they THINK they're faster, we all KNOW who's better-looking.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to say it, but I'm probably one of those guys next to you.

My car is brand new though, I'm sure my excitement will fade with time.

I came from a 150hp 4 banger, so this car feels like Ferrari to me!!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't race either.

It's hard to race when you already know which cars you can probably beat and which cars you will probably lose to.

and it's funny to watch them take off, then catch up to them not too much later.

If they're doing it to show how big they are it's stupid. Anyone can stomp the're foot on the gas on a straight-a-way.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:50 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Kudos bro. Good self control. Streets are not for racing.
C.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Racing on streets is bad indeed!

I just like accelerating fast to speed limit... but only if no one's in front of me. I just like that feel. Good job you!

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Call the Cops
LOL thats so funny
too bad there's no people like that around here, plenty of nice cars but all of them are like 45+
i only know 3 kids under 21 with nice cars- an eVo, sti, and an rX8.
i saw a black G today, just like mine, and i was going crazy i put down my window and started yelling and waving like an idiot while my cousin next to me beeped the horn at a stoplight... the old guy in it just gave us a very dirty look and sped away. LOL

anyways im usually the type of guy who came next to you, like what blackonblack said.. if its a decent ride ... i just laugh at those dumb civics, jettas, and integras and dont even bother

Old 06-01-2005, 12:16 AM
MAN I wish people did that to me. I've hardly been tried. Maybe twice in a 18 months.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
its even funnier when ppl try to race u in california's traffic lol..

but sumtimes its fun.. i remember once out of no where i as was going home i was playing this "follow the leader" game with a black mustang in traffic.. i made a move and hed follow me.. he was good too cept up all the way .. but after my exit came up the fun was over ;-;

Old 06-01-2005, 12:36 AM
mrb
I have always done the same thing. I don't buy cars to race other cars. I don't have Napoleon complex or SMD.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:12 AM
meh save some ga$, its just not worth it..

Old 06-01-2005, 07:44 AM
i dont care much about gas but...
mine is bone stock heh
i've never seen ppl like that BTW

Old 06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by auto_drive
for the most part, i kno what my car is and is not capable of. and im not about to take on any ol' dudes taunt for a race just cause they do it. i got better ways to use my gas.
OR you're just waiting for a car that you're sure you can beat...

Those people are everywhere. When I was in the Cobra a guy in a G35 tried to race me. I didn't race. Why? Besides the fact I rarely race anymore (with the exception of bikes), it would be a complete waste of time for me.

Anyways, why do some people race higher end cars that weren't made for that purpose? I guess everyone has the urge to go fast sometimes.

Last edited by TRDNiteLife; 06-01-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get harrassed by the new GS owners and 5-series often.
Not sure why. I really don't care if my car or his car is faster.

It's not why I bought the G35C. and it's not kids either, some
middle-aged balding dork.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whats with these drivers these day?