G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Damaged trunk lid in shipping question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damaged trunk lid in shipping question

So i boguht a trunk lid off ebay from a guy who sells various parts off totaled cars. I won the auction for $100 and the lid was in perfect condition when it was shipped. I recieved it today and thereare 2 large dents/ creases on the top edge right above the mt fugi emblem. The guy told me the shipping was going to be $75, yet he never mentioned anything about insurance. I called and left him a message about the damage tonite, so hopefully i hear from him tomrow. My question is, im assuming UPS is responsible for the damage, but if i dont have insurance am i screwed even if the box has warning signs all over it not to stack and keep flat? I am going to contact the seller and UPS again tomrrow, what do you guys think are my options?

Old 06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChuckP
So i boguht a trunk lid off ebay from a guy who sells various parts off totaled cars. I won the auction for $100 and the lid was in perfect condition when it was shipped. I recieved it today and thereare 2 large dents/ creases on the top edge right above the mt fugi emblem. The guy told me the shipping was going to be $75, yet he never mentioned anything about insurance. I called and left him a message about the damage tonite, so hopefully i hear from him tomrow. My question is, im assuming UPS is responsible for the damage, but if i dont have insurance am i screwed even if the box has warning signs all over it not to stack and keep flat? I am going to contact the seller and UPS again tomrrow, what do you guys think are my options?
I believe UPS packages are automatically insured for up to a certain amount, like $150 or something.