Tinted DG Coupe Pics and Info: Bay Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:05 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Tinted DG Coupe Pics and Info: Bay Area

My very first post on G35Driver:

After picking up my baby on May 20th, I finally got around to getting it tinted.

Went out to Auto Mall Tint Factory in Fremont (also has shop in San Leandro called California Sunscreen) and worked with Sidney. He uses SunTek Tint, your choice of their HP Charcoal Series (dyed/metallic) or InfinityOP Series (metallic)

SunTek Film Info

I preferred the charcoal look, even though all tints with dye will fade over time and went with 20% in the rear and 30% on the sides.

He removed the door panels to put on the tint and rolled the film to the top and filed the edges. As far as the dot matrix, he didn't do anything special. Tinted all the way up, no sanding, glueing, or vinyl crap. The rear window was tinted in one piece.

Before and After Pics

I am extremely happy with the tint. No large bubbles of anykind. Some tiny bubbles and streaking which should dry up in a week or so. If you are interested in additional info, please PM. He charges more than Vince over at Omega, but you will be happy with the service Sidney provides and the quality of the tint job.

Other info:
1) Car has 4 coats of Zaino.
2) Will be installing aluminum pedals I picked up from Pleasanton Infiniti ($102.76). Thought about buying from Grubbs, but cost of shipping was too much.
3) I have about 920 miles on the car Gas mileage: Avg. 19.5 mpg. Worst of 17.6 mpg while I was learning how to drive in a parking lot and high of 21.5 mpg during highway driving.

So far so good. I've done everything I wanted that I put in my original post at FreshAlloy when I got this car, learn to drive stick, tint, pedals, and zaino. Also debadged the G35 emblem. Car definitely looks a lot cleaner.

Now gotta save up for a custom audio install. Looking to remove spare and retrofitting entire trunk for some subs and amps. Will definitely post pics when I get it started. In the meantime, check out www.soundinnovations.com They got some tricked out cars and years of experience.

Representing the Bay Area

6MT Coupe, DG/G, Prem

Old 06-11-2003, 02:59 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tinted DG Coupe Pics and Info: Bay Area

sweet, looks good man, welcome to the club

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-12-2003, 03:33 PM

Welcome to the club!! Sounds like you got good plans for your ride. Keep an eye on the regional forums (West) for meets so you can show off your car and meet other drivers.

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 06-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you purchase your G35? would you recommend the dealership? I planning to visit dealerships around bay area this weekend, hope i can find one that i can drive home. Couple days ago my persent car's tranny went heywire on me,that was last draw for me, i got really irritated with "american" car, way too many problems, that afternoon i got home and get a loan preappoved so now i am lQQking to auctly buy an G35!!!

also did you have past experance with "sounnd innovations"? i used to live in hayward, pass by them to and from work, never did see any cars around the shop tho, wasnt sure what they do. and how much did you paid for the tint? thx

s.w.

Old 06-13-2003, 01:22 PM

Try Infinit of Marin. I bought my coupe in the last week of April. My salesman was Emil Rustamov and he sold me my coupe for $900 under MSRP...that's right, and also threw in an EXTRA set of floor mats. Tell him Sandy who bought a CB 5AT coupe sent you (I do not get anything, of couse - I am only doing it because I had the best experience with them). My theory is that dealership is new and is trying to grow big and hence might be willing to deal a little to sell more so that they could get bigger allocations. I mentioned this to Wil on this forum and he was offered 500 off MSRP by Emil on a 6MT.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will stop by marin infiniti tomorrow since i will be working at richmond on sunday,if i get off work early enough tho,yes i do work on freaking sundays.

just return from two infiniti dealership today, boy i tell ya, those ppl are out of thier lil minds at "peninsula infiniti" they try to sneak an "lo jack" and some other paint crap onto the deal hope that i would notice them, WRONG...the msrp with premium package should be around $34,300, but they keep quote the price of $36,740. when i confront they about it, they just say that it was installed option, but funny thing is that the car i was "buying" is still at port in L.A. other thing was that i have an preappoved loan at 5.15%, but the monthly payment they quote at was for 6%, its minor difference but for the life of the loan, i would end up paying bout $900 more!!! but they are very nice to me tho and answer any questions that i had, only thing (well, other than being sneaky,cant blame them for trying tho) was that they dont let ppl test drive the couple or maybe just wont let ME.

second was at "frontier infiniti" in san jose, they only charge $895 for the lo jack, the saleman was either have some other place he rather to be or he is just an plain a**wipe, he was in such hurry , he keeping said"pick a car and go insided to do some numbers" didnt offen me an test drive or show me around, he got kinda annoyed when i aske him if they have more car with differnet colors in stock, he say "ya" but wont tell me where they are, i had to lQQk for them by myself(which is fine by me tho) and he say thats all they have no other shippment in 3-4 months, "yeah rite" was my reply.

in either case they wont lower the price, so no car for me,hopefully i will have better expericance with marin infinit. I am holding on atleast $1,500 below msrp think thats possible???maybe i should lQQk at differnet cars like bimmer, 350z, audi TT, 2002 vett?,but G35 lQQks so so so so so so so so so sweet, specialy in person.

Old 06-15-2003, 04:29 AM

Yes, you are right about the idiots at Peninsula Infiniti. They tried to sell me the same lojack and paint crap. Frontier was more professional eventhough they both have the same owners. But my best experience was with Marin not only because they dealt on the coupe but I was also impresssed about their honesty, professionalism and attention to detail. That was my best car buying experience ever - even better than my Lexus!