G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does Your Front Lip Rub?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Your Front Lip Rub?

I was just wondering, for those of you who own the coupe with the standard aero kit, can you pull all the way up to the curb or concrete block stops without scrapping the bottom front?

What about those people who have the aero kit and have lowered their car with either Eiback springs or another type of aftermarket coilover/springs?

Once I lowered my TL about 1.25" in the front I constantly rub, or worse bump and bend the front factory aero lip? 90% of the time and it looks like Chit.

I'd like to lower the G coupe, but not if this problems exists.

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
Ordered 4/03: 2003 G35C, 6MT, Blk/Blk. Loaded ETA ~ 6/03

Old 06-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Re: Does Your Front Lip Rub?

i've scraped already and i was going pretty slow and a little angled up a driveway to 7-11. i hate the noise.

<font color=blue>my baby is here and more beautiful than i ever imagined!</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Running for his life!!

It does rub from time to time on steep driveways. The parking blocks do clear, but their are some always higher than normal.

now that my car is lowered, I have to drive more carefully. I can still park over parking blocks but the clearance is barely a finger, so I don't park over it at all. I'm afraid one day I will get careless and crush the lip.

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 06-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you lower your car (even 1" like Eibachs), you better be careful how far you pull up into a parking space, especially if it has a curb or divider. You will scrape! Plus if you have a front lip, it will be even worse! My wife already scraped the bottom of my bumper on all kinds of things =(.

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 06-13-2003, 11:33 AM

Hell.. even without lowering the coupe and no aero kit, I've still scrapped the front on some steep driveways.. It chews up the black plastic protector strip on the bottom of the bumper.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:19 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Like Cameron says, it's real easy to scrape even without any kit or lowering. I'm so careful now I don't get close to the parking blocks.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-13-2003, 03:51 PM

It scrapes if you go through a steep entryway or if you pull too far forward over a stop block.

This is far and away better than my '71 TA - it had a hard plastic lip spoiler that I cracked 2 or 3 times (the front end was about 3" off the ground) - no warning, just crunch! That and the mufflers dragged over every speed bump - especially if I had passengers in the back. One of the best parts of that car was the endura front bumber - you could hit that thing with a bat and it looked like new. The paint (or whatever it was covered with) was flexible, shiny and tough as hell. The only paint chip I ever got was when I hit a trailer hitch with it. Ah, the bad old days, when the most important thing was a good car and the environment didn't count for squat...

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem