G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

CLICKITY CLICK sound from REAR LEFT area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, they arent supposed to change the axle... even if they were to replace it with a new axle, the sound will come back because the bearing was never changed. It's the bearing that is making the noise, not the axle.

Stan

Old 08-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shipsaeki
ok guys... here goes.

I'm a tech for Infiniti and did this recall a couple of times.

There is a recall on the rear axle BEARINGS...

When they perform the recall, parts that are replaced are

rear axle bearing(s)
rear boot(s)
retainer(s)
Cotter pin(s)
grease

and If i recall (no pun intended) that is it... The whole axle itself is not replaced. I myself had the clicking issue, and have been to lazy to perform the recall on my own car until a couple of weeks ago. I used to just loosen them, and tighten the rear axle nut and that would solve the problem for about two weeks.

The new rear axle bearings are updated bearings and so far my car hasnt made a clicking sound yet. On the old bearings, while clicking is normal... if you drive the car agressivly, it comes back sooner from banging into gears.

As far as warranty goes, if you're able to put the stock rims on, then it would be easier to avoid a headache.

Dealership may say that your rims may have put extra pressure on the suspenion. but since there is a recall, i doubt they will not honor it.

S/C is iffy... I don't think they will say anything but again, they can say that the extra power may have put pressure on the rear suspension when shifting (AT/MT)

If you go into the dealership for this, be prepared to wait... or ask for a loaner.

Depending if you need one side or both sides done, it takes about 45 min to an hour per side. The rear axle has to be removed, and the bearing needs to be pressed out.

Hope I shed more light on this question.

IMHO, have the rear axle bearings done... well worth it.
I brought my 05 In for this problem. My car clicks only when i go over big. bump. They told me on the phone that all they did was re-lube the axle. Is this just there way of a temparary fix?
Thanks