G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What color...and why??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What color...and why??

I have an order in for an '04 coupe and I was going to order it in Caribbean blue but changed it to desert platinum because I saw a car in that color and liked it. Then I see the car in Caribbean blue and was so mesmerized by it I changed it to cb. Then I put it back to dp...the dealer is about to kill me. Here's what I'm thinking:
Caribbean blue:
Pros: gorgeous color (hard to take your eyes off), cool, youthful (I'm 26), screams sports car.
Cons: Very toylike; would look great on a celica but doesn't seem to match the g's serious luxury sports car image. possible resale issues (in my conservative area of ct anyways), kinda distracts from the g's already beautiful lines (g almost doesn't need a wild color to stand out).

Dessert platinum:
Pros: safe choice (no potential resale issues), somewhat unique (for now), makes the car look sleek, serious, luxurious, makes the silver wheels pop in a subtitle way.
Cons: Safe choice (not unique; might make the car blend in with all the other silver/tan cars), kinda boring color/not very sporty, little drab looking.

I'm still with the dessert platinum. I'm just wondering what everyone else's thought process was when they choose their colors?

Old 06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Re: What color...and why??

That’s why I have black. Sleek, luxurious, beautiful, and gives me reason to spend hours with it (washing, zanioing, dusting, driving, washing, washing, washing……..). However I don’t mind one bit.

Color is always a personal choices. If everyone had taste like us, there would be several million G35’s on the road. LOL

Pick what you like. With the G35 you can’t go wrong with any color!

Old 06-16-2003, 12:06 PM

I got mine in Diamond Graphite. I like black also but it would show every little patch of dirt on it, especially after driving in the rain. That's one of the reasons i like the Diamond Graphite more than the black (just hate to clean the car regularly), also the dark color cars tend to heat up more in the summer.

I think in the end it all comes to personal preference. You are already getting a great car, the rest is up to your own style.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT / Premium

Old 06-16-2003, 12:08 PM

i went with PI ... so far, i have not seen one other G35c in the same color. see CB, DG and Red. plus, i like the combo of light exterior & light interrior (willow). it gets hot here, so the lighter the better. trade off so far, the willow shows dirt & grease so its a constant battle of cleaning.

Old 06-16-2003, 12:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

All the colours are gorgeous bro. Pick what you really like and don't second guess yourself. All the peeps on here are happy with what they picked. If it helps, the more I see the CB, the more I like it. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-16-2003, 01:05 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Desert Platinum is a beautiful selection, here is a question though:
What color do you want on your interior?????
I recommend Willow as it is so much more luxurious and really opens up the interior.
As for Carribean Blue, i though they discontinued that color for 2004? I've heard they are replacing it with a darker blue as is already on the 350Z. Daytona Blue or something

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-16-2003, 01:10 PM

CB is not being replaced. They are adding a new color called "Twilight Blue" - they had that color choice on earlier sedans. Its not the Daytona Blue that the Z has.

Old 06-16-2003, 01:55 PM

Oh, defenaely black for the interior...I think it gives the car more a sports car vibe...
I have a '00 firebird formula in gm's blue/green chameleon...it's beautifull IMHO. That makes the cb right up my alley...it's just that its so similar to my blue/green..I feel like I should try something different.
OK...how about this...I would love to see the car in a medium muted blue...like a slate blue. Gm and bmw have a few nice shades. That would fit the g nicely...
Someone told me the dp looks blueish in some light...is that true?

Old 06-16-2003, 02:40 PM
G SQUAD

Forget the blue, it looks like an integra/celica/civic/etc. It was the only color I could truly say I hated when I went to the dealer. Others said the same thing, since they had the same car in the lot for 3 weeks.

I bought my DG because I thought it was classy. Your other color choice is classy, the blue is cheesy.

2003.5 - G35 6spd - Diamond Graphite/Graphite leather, prem, aero package/kit

Old 06-16-2003, 02:59 PM

Here's my opinions on colors:

CB and LR: Exhuberant, youthful, attention-getting - but can act to cheapen the look of the car - the car still looks awesome in these colors, it just doesn't look as classy.

DP, DG, IP, BS: Classy, stylish, low maintenance, can't-go-wrong colors. But also can be a bit bland as they don't stand out and are very common colors on the road.

Black: Classy, stylish, youthful, attention getter. But is a bitch to keep clean and shows off paint chips like nothing else. Also, even though the car looks great in this color, black tends to hide some of the G's lines in some light.

Old 06-16-2003, 03:46 PM

I went with brilliant silver, because that was the only 6MT w/o a spoiler (not trying to start that debate - it's just not for me). I wanted either red, black or silver pretty much equally. I liked the CB, but my wife was appalled. I also didn't want a color that screams "That car was built in 2003" the way teal green on a GM car screams "1994 model year!".

To each his own, though - if you don't plan to own it long, a loud or unusual color is fine. I just decided to go a more subdued route.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 06-16-2003, 03:49 PM

no love for PI?

Old 06-16-2003, 04:10 PM

Good point mani...the car does look awsome in cb or lr no doubt at all...but you get this haunting feel like it's trying to look too much like, say the z. But the G35c was meant to have a different feel.
The areo package on it's own goes a long way toards spelling out "sports car".
Another reason I like the dp is that it does seem unique, but in a subtile way. It looks like silver but not quite. I wish I had more time to observe the only one I saw but it flew out of the lot!

Old 06-16-2003, 07:02 PM

CB and LR the only coupe colors with personality. The LR looks good but I would have preferred a metallic red. All others are just shades of "gray".

Old 06-16-2003, 07:11 PM

Black is the best color. However, I would love too see the Brickyard color on the Z on the G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What color...and why??