G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got my Coupe!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Coupe!!

Well, I got my coupe yesterday!!! It's a fully loaded 6M... Silver/black, Aero, Nav. So here are my first impressions from one day of driving compared to my previous car: Audi S4(chipped).

1. Looks.... Beautiful... The car looks absolutely amazing. The spoiler actually looks really nice I think. Everyone seem to look when I drive by. Brembos really stand out very nice.
Much more sporty and aggressive then the understated S4, for good or bad

2. Feel/materials. It doesn't feel quite as solid or "upscale" as an S, but overall not bad. One complaint though. The doors are rattling a little with the bass from the stereo, same for an inside mirror. Dealer will look at it next week.

3. Speed/acceleration. I'm still breaking it in, so very limited info on that. Not quite as much pick up at low RPMs as the S had(even in stock mode), but not too bad either. Managed quite easily spank the TL Type S(prob. Auto though) on a highway even without going over 4K RPMs. I still need to wait a little while to really open it up.

4. Handling....INCREDIBLE!!!!!! WAY better then S. Almost no body roll, have not even seen any underseer yet... Drifts really nice, VDC is not too intrusive either. It will not have as much traction as the AWD S, but it behaves much better in the corners. I can only imagine the Z..

5 Engine. A little buzzier then the S, even at lower RPMs. You can definitely feel it through the shifter and steering. Sound is quite nice though, Not the typical Japanese. Almost as deep as the S and quite pleasing. Response is very good. Seems to have nice pick-up, but too early to tell,

6. Clutch/Trainy. Clutch has very short engagement point. I've stalled the car quite a few times because of that. Something to get used to. However, very nicely weighted. Shifter is GREAT. Way better then Audi. I'm having a little problem with how short it is, I tend to get into a 2nd gear instead of 4th from the 3rd. But that is just something I need to get used to. I really think that it is very close to BMW shifter feel and that is saying a lot.

7. Stereo. Sounds about the same as S4. I actually like it. Bose is made for clear sound, not too much bass, So I think it does pretty good job. I just have to get rid of that rattle from the doors(it's not the speaker problem).

Well, so far I'm liking the car more and more every time I drive it. That's enough for now. I'll post more when I get through the break-in period

Old 12-05-2002, 06:11 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Got my Coupe!!

awesome, sounds good dude, keep us informed and dont be shy to post pics

Old 12-05-2002, 03:31 PM

Congratulations!! The more you drive it the more you will like it! At least, that's how I have been with mine.

Old 12-06-2002, 11:04 PM

Ok genna,

I's been a week. What do you think now? I am on three weeks and holding per my dealer and starting to itch. Throw a guy a bone, will 'ya?

Old 12-07-2002, 03:08 AM

well i got about 500 miles on it now(about 50 of that in snow ), and i'm somewhat opening it up. Not much thoug... I do like it more and more every day.

Everyone(including me) things it's awesome looking,
As i get to rev the engime a little more, i can definitely feel more powere there.... If it wasn't for that snow storm wehad a couple of days ago, i'd have broken it in already, I CANNOT wait...only 700 miles to go, sould be less then a week.

It is definitely WORTH it though.
here is one pix that i have for now:

'03 G35c 6MT Silver/Black, Perform., Nav, Prem.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by genna on 12/07/02 12:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-07-2002, 12:16 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

nice dude, now about breaking it in, i read a post here or at FA i can remember but they gave me a really good link that i cant seem to find arghhh but ill paste some of the article, its about breaking in a car in general, besides staying at a low rpm and not gunning it and driving for prolonged periods, he does say that you should use full throttle sometimes...here.....

edit:
OK I FOUND IT WOOHOOOO

<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/154153.phtml">http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/154153.phtml</a>

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by RamboRami on 12/07/02 09:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-07-2002, 12:22 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

oh and WHERE do you live and HOW are you driving on that much snow with the michelins???? ...just wondering since i will be getting mine in 3 months and i live in michigan :-/
and do you see snow tires in your car's future?
or wait, do you still have your S4? you lucky basterd hehehehe j/k

Old 12-07-2002, 01:35 PM

hehe, that's a link from AudiWorld too
I've WOT it couple of times...... trying to get out or snow. and a little on the road

I'm drivning at about 2-5K RPM range mostly. It is very quick, i just have to get used to spinning the engine some more. The S4 didn't need that... you have max kick in the *** at 2K RPM. Comparing acceleration to S4..... S4 is WAY faster. even in stock mode at LESS HP and Torque and more weight, the S seemed to be faster.. But i like driving characteristics of the G better....Handling is 2 steps above the S.

No i don't have the S4 anymore, my crazy bitch of a EXgirlfriend stole and wrecked it...hence the G now:
<a href="http://68.34.63.48/audi/audi.asp> EX S4</a>

that's for your viewing pleasures

'03 G35c 6MT Silver/Black, Perform., Nav, Prem.

Old 12-07-2002, 01:45 PM

I kive in Maryland, we don't get snow here all THAT much, so, i'm not sure if i'm gonna get snow tires. But Michelins in snow... REALLY BAD. LSD helps a lot though. I'd get a set of snows on yours without even thinking twice

'03 G35c 6MT Silver/Black, Perform., Nav, Prem.

Old 12-07-2002, 02:04 PM

Don't worry, the S4 is not faster.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-07-2002, 03:07 PM

The S4 is about at the same level as the G35c in terms of acceleration.... The G35c has been rated at 5.8 to 60 from what I have seen, and the S4 at 5.5 to 6.0.... so same exact ballpark. Not saying the S4 is better or whatnot... just saying that the two are comparable in acceleration.

Old 12-07-2002, 04:27 PM
I came from a S4 too

Mine was stage 2+, i like the coupe much much better- are you on audiworld??

Old 12-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Re: I came from a S4 too

You wre right about the S4. i was looking at older accelration numbers. I apologize. Both are very nice cars. Coupe will handle better as long as there is now snow or rain.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)