G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Damn the US for not having this option!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen the "alcantara" fabric on the first V35 imported down here for testing to satisfy goverment testing prior to allowing them to be licensed here.
And while this is my opinion only it is the best looking fabric that looks so much better than the leather plus it won't fry your **** on hot days or freeze it in winter.
If the material is anything like the R33 and R34 material you could just about hose it down and would still look like new.
When it comes to buying one at Auction in Japan if it has leather there is no way I'd buy it.
I also think the leather seats in your cars looks much better than the *** version.
Lucky we all like different things or the world would be a boring place

Old 07-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah my friend w/ an IS300 has it, hard cornering it grips u to the seat

Old 07-12-2005, 02:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll take leather over that any day. When you get the 'sticky stuff' on alcanrara it's a PITA to clean it off.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:12 AM
I like my seats

What a nice surprise to see my seats on the site again.

Sorry for not having a home link, but too damn busy working to pay for the car to worry about setting something up.

Shifting with the left hand ain't all that bad once you get used to it. I still prefer shifting with my right, but it is nice knowing that I can do both, more than I can say for most people with a home link.

I agree with the post about the comfort in the winter/summer seasons. The suede is much easier on the backside when the temps are up or down.

And as I drive the car hard in the twisties, it is very nice to have the grip from the suede.

If anyone would like more pictures of the interior let me know and I will get some posted.

Aaron in Nagoya

Old 07-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by elau
That's because Japanese don't generally live in detached houses like we do here. It's kinda hard to have a garage on the 36th floor
They have to protect themselves from Godzilla somehow

Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Originally Posted by Finiti35
I do all the time... when my right hand is busy
Hmmm

Old 07-12-2005, 08:17 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
^^ Speed that's only when I'm adjusting the A/C or have to answer the phone. Ah the things we gotta give up for an extra gear and pedal

Originally Posted by AussieV35
And while this is my opinion only it is the best looking fabric that looks so much better than the leather plus it won't fry your **** on hot days or freeze it in winter.
As a matter of fact it maybe due to the perforated leather, but the seats never get that hot. The steering wheel and shifter are another story.. I need a sunshade badly.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
^^ Speed that's only when I'm adjusting the A/C or have to answer the phone. Ah the things we gotta give up for an extra gear and pedal
Oh... well of course... that's what I thought...LOL

Old 07-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by xkoraznboix
yeah my friend w/ an IS300 has it, hard cornering it grips u to the seat
Heard of duct tape

Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
I definately like the looks of that combo over the perforated leather in my 6MT. I do, however, prefer an all-leather surface, providing the seats are supportive enough. The seats in the G are tight enough on me that they hold me just fine, even on slippery, freshly conditioned leather.

I hate driving in work clothes and having fabric seats wrestling to un-tuck my shirt and pull my slacks up my crack. But I do prefer the way fabric breathes...

You know, as I was sitting in my coupe the other day, idling in 100+ temps, I looked at my seat-heater butttons and dreamed of having seat-coolers/AC. I'm in West Texas, so the need for seat-heaters is limited to a few days a year at the most. Having air blow out through some of those perforationes/holes in the leather would sure be appreciated in my part of the world.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Hey at least even tho we sh*t in our pants. it's wipeable. Oops, not in my stone interior.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:08 AM
some of u prob dont know but suded seats are much more sporty and holds your *** much better than plain leather. if you look at bmw CLS, its not leather... its sueded and the fabric has much better grip. so it has nothin to do with classy or not..its just more for real sports cars.

infiniti prob knows that americans only think leather is the best..lol. when somethign else is much better fitted in a sports car..but then again, G35 aint a real sports car i guess.. more of a luxy sporty coup, so leather may be more suited for its class..who knows.

i think they should have a special packaging like bmw does and give u those sporty seats and what not!

Old 07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I do all the time... when my right hand is busy
You will go blind doing that man.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by narkotic
You will go blind doing that man.
I'm a girl, and I'm a leftie, so nope

Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Forget that swede stuff. We don't need dem forners messin' up our 'merican asses. What we 'mericans really need on our seats is crushed velvet. Black crushed velvet, with an Elvis picture on 'em. Now dem would be some seats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Damn the US for not having this option!