G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

anyone's interior falling apart?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone's interior falling apart?

i just noticed today that my interior trim is coming apart. specifically the aluminum looking trim above the passenger side glove box. does anyone know how this is held on? can i just fix it myself? it's the center part of the strip that has come away from the dash. i made an appointment with the dealer but it's not till next thursday (boooo). i hope to g*d that these things aren't held in place by double stick tape. anyone else experience problems like this?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I am pretty sure it is some sort of tape/adhesive

Old 07-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by madchef
I am pretty sure it is some sort of tape/adhesive
if that's true then i'm totally dissapointed. if it's already doing this at 4k miles i can only imagine what happens in the long run. i'm surprised people in the sun belts haven't experienced any problems with all the heat down there.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh i bet its some sort of adhesive thats weakening because im experiencing the same thing with the long alluminum strip but with mine its more over to the left. Its not bothering me though i kind of expect it since its not a 40K car. No big deal

Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
oh i bet its some sort of adhesive thats weakening because im experiencing the same thing with the long alluminum strip but with mine its more over to the left. Its not bothering me though i kind of expect it since its not a 40K car. No big deal
so yours is doing it too? have u had it fixed? pretty annoying if u ask me. i think this car is expensive enough for this to not be happening. i had an acura cl-s before this car... and i never ever had a problem with the aluminum finish inside... and that was when i was still living in south carolina!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 PM
mine is a little loose... not noticable though unless you play with it.
I'll get it fixed next oil change no biggie.

I had my car in to fix a rattle awhile ago... i wonder if they had to remove the trim in anyway to fix the rattle? maybe thats what caused it to become loose?

otherwise it must be pretty cheap adhesive to be coming off on its own after only 6300 miles...

oh well, could be worse

Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i just noticed today that my interior trim is coming apart. specifically the aluminum looking trim above the passenger side glove box. does anyone know how this is held on? can i just fix it myself? it's the center part of the strip that has come away from the dash. i made an appointment with the dealer but it's not till next thursday (boooo). i hope to g*d that these things aren't held in place by double stick tape. anyone else experience problems like this?
It's the Canadian adhesive. J/K. Anyway, you guys have me wondering. Now I have to go out and check...

Old 07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
How can a 37K car not be considered a 40K car? I wouldn't expect trim to fall off in a Sentra let alone the G.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Today, I was cruizing with the sun roof open (which I rarely do) and when I parked and closed the sun roof door i gently dragged my finger on the back lining and it completely pulled off.

My car must be mad at me for hitting a curb yesterday while taking a corner a little fast and oversteering. cracked my front lip and scratched my front right wheel.

I wasn't as upset when I realized that I now have a valid excuse to get my new wheels/tires and top secret front lip.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Well it's basically a Nissan...not a MBenz or BMW. Those interiors are loads better in function and durability. You have to be gentle

sean

Old 07-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
that sux bro... i would bring it to the dealer and see what they would charge.. or yeah.. som e kind of adhessive... good luck with it...

keep us posted on what you decide to do. ..................

...mine could be next..................

Old 07-15-2005, 06:19 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What would you expect it to be if not some kind of double sided tape or adhesive (i imagine those are pretty much the same thing right?)?

I work in the aerospace industry for a company that builds aircraft interiors. Like ballistic cockpit doors, galleys, wardrobes, lavatorys, etc. We use a lot of double sided tape for a number of different applications, and one of the would be to bond metal doublers/spacers onto things. I would imagine that an aircraft would need to be much more durable than a car!

Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If mc2 built me a airplane I'd never fly in it. Esp. considering he uses double stick tape

Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
If mc2 built me a airplane I'd never fly in it. Esp. considering he uses double stick tape
Sure. But i would never build an airplane for you, so you don't have to worry about it. And if you've ever flown, i'm pretty sure you've been in an airplane i've built. Thanks for the input though.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 PM
J-Dizzle
Originally Posted by socalsean
Well it's basically a Nissan...not a MBenz or BMW. Those interiors are loads better in function and durability. You have to be gentle

sean
-Actually, your quite wrong on that statement. Case in point, I've had several friends with year 2000+ BMW 300 series, all of their interiors were falling apart. Door seals peeling off of the frame, suspension squeaks, sunroof cover is off alignment.
-My uncle's used to be brand new 2004 Mercedes Benz E430, side view mirrors burned out after 10K, rear view mirror broke off completely after the second adjustment, he said he was happy to get rid of his Benz and would never get another one.
-Another friend of mine who drove his bosses 2003 Mercedes Benz S600 had to constantly take the car in for repairs. Eventually got rid of that, so in conclusion to your statement, they are nice cars, but not worth the money in my own personal opinion if they fall apart like that. Just my .02...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone's interior falling apart?