G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

whats the best vertical door kit out there, what company makes em, that is good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 02:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats the best vertical door kit out there, what company makes em, that is good

whats the best vertical door kit out there, what company makes em, that is good, where should i look, and how much are they.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None of them...........

Ok, I keeed, I keeed....try Decah, or VDC. My boy has a SL500 with a custom VDC kit and it works amazing.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:47 AM
I got mine from verticaldoors.com and they work great, 8 months and no problems.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I will have to say GT Factory's vertical door kit is without a doubt the best on the market. Decah and VDC have cornered the market on VDC kits and have big some of the bigger names out there, but their kits just don't work that well. For starters both Decah's and VDC's doors are in fact "butterfly" door kits, where the door actually flop over on an angle once up (doesnt stay straight up). In doing so, the simple task of getting in and out is actually hampered a bit. Second, the doors aren't as easy to bring down as everyone thinks. I sat in a Z with the Decah kit and once you sat down, getting the door back down actually took some effort. Last but not least, the fact that both Decah's and VDC's kits are "bolt-on" designs, and taking into consideration the extreme weight and angle at which they work at, the doors quite often need constant adjusting. All in all, for the money, it's just not worth IMO. The GT Factory design however is different! The doors with the GT kit actually go straight up, just like the real lambo doors. They do not flop over, and the amount of "head rood" you have to work with in getting in is twice as much as you do with the Decah and VDC kits. The doors simply go higher and further up, allowing you ample room to get in. Now unlike the Decah and VDC kit, the GT kit is not a bolt-on system, but rather a weld on kit. In doing so, it is 10X stronger and once setup it will never need adjusting again. True, you'll spend more time setting it up, but hey you'll only have to do it once. Another great part about the GT kit is the fact that it uses dual long travel gas shocks, vs the short stubby ones Decah and VDC uses, which enables it to have over 300lbs of force, so opening and closing the doors is truly efffortless! You can do so with just one finger. Try that with a Decah or VDC kit and you'll most likely break your finger! I have personaly seen the Decah kit (on a Z) and the GT kit (on an Evo) and the GT kit wins hands down! price wise, it's also right on the money! I've seen it selling for $1K even, which is not too bad. If you're a savy tech with welding experience, installation is also not too difficult. I've read a few articles on the GT kit and they all go on to say how the actual time spent "bolting" it up was pretty much the same amount of time you would have spent with the "bolt-on" kits. So in my book, the GT Factory is the way to go!

You'll find many on this forum who aren't too gung-ho about VDC kits, but to each their own. I personally think, if done right (ie: GT Factory kit), it's a great mod that always strikes up interest when actually seen in person.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Love Poker!!!
Ducatiguy took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree with him more and he said it perfect. Maybe I say this because I have the GT Factory Door hinge kit. I had them installed at the manufacturer themselves in San Diego. The kit cost $1000 and the labor was another $1000. That's exactly what I paid for out the door. It took them 4-5 days to install them. They are usually backed up for two months. My car will be on their magazine ads in the future months. So if you see an Athens Blue G, that's mine. Here is a few pics of what the GT Factory Doors look like on my ride. Hope this helps....

Old 07-18-2005, 09:15 PM
What's the point if you have to swing out before up anyhow? IMO, the ONLY good VDK comes attached to a Lambo.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:46 AM
[QUOTE=ducatiguy]Actually, I will have to say GT Factory's vertical door kit is without a doubt the best on the market.
her...i have a question
how much is the GT Factory's vertical door kit for g35?
any website
or any pix?
thx K

Old 07-20-2005, 05:12 AM
To CHIZELD:
is $2000 kit+installation regular price at GT Factory manufacturer or you need to refer by someone..?

To others:
Do you guys know any creditable shop in LA county area that does a good job for lambo door? Please recommend =)

To the rest people:
I first of all also think lambo door is ricey... However, for some reason my door is thick and heavy, and whenever i park my car a little bit uphill my door would not hold (not enough pressure I think). I am so sick of being attacked by my own door so I need to get a lambo door! Besides, no matter how people consider it ricey, it is still eye catching =)

Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by peet
What's the point if you have to swing out before up anyhow? IMO, the ONLY good VDK comes attached to a Lambo.
From what I see in the pictures, the GT one is practically the same as the Lambo... without the $1xx,xxx car attached.

So... where do I get these GT kits?

Old 07-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
after seeing how nicely the gt kit goes straight up im actually concidering this also.. can someone point me in the direction so i can inquire more with a vendor? also do you have more pics chizzled? looks hot man

Old 07-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Gangster Member
Mods delete this post, to many people want lambo doors now, im first

Old 07-23-2005, 04:04 AM
Gangster Member
anybody else had GT factory and are happy with them?

Old 07-23-2005, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by ensheep
To CHIZELD:
is $2000 kit+installation regular price at GT Factory manufacturer or you need to refer by someone..?

To others:
Do you guys know any creditable shop in LA county area that does a good job for lambo door? Please recommend =)

To the rest people:
I first of all also think lambo door is ricey... However, for some reason my door is thick and heavy, and whenever i park my car a little bit uphill my door would not hold (not enough pressure I think). I am so sick of being attacked by my own door so I need to get a lambo door! Besides, no matter how people consider it ricey, it is still eye catching =)
This was recently on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7986604915&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
I emailed Daniel @ GT Factory a few days ago and he said he would do a group buy if some people were interested. They had them for $999 + $50 shipping on Ebay, so as soon as I get some prices from him I'll post them. In the mean time, maybe we could get a list of who might be interested if the price is right. Anyways I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.

Last edited by SLVRG35; 07-23-2005 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:47 AM
lmao... stunnas!

Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by CHIZELD
The kit cost $1000 and the labor was another $1000. That's exactly what I paid for out the door. It took them 4-5 days to install them. My car will be on their magazine ads in the future months.
At that price, I hope they at least gave you something back for using your car for publicity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whats the best vertical door kit out there, what company makes em, that is good