G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New member - help convince me to switch from vette to G35Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it just depends if your into american cars or not. I dont like them I think there junk! The interior on the vette is crap. Looks sooo dated! I went to the dealer to pic up a 02 for tires. I was all happy on the way cause I was going to get to drive a vette! Got the keys and jumped in and was like woah! This car looks dated! So I took off, power was nice. But I felt like I was in a z28 or somthing. I had to remind myself I was in a vette! Thats not for me. Go try and find someone that has FI drive it buy it and be happy!

Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I say trade your Vette in for a new C6 or even better yet wait till January and get the new C6 Z06....now you're talking!

Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by AVJunkie
So you base your car buying decision on an idiotic stereotype? LOL! I love it when people say that all Corvette owners are old fat bald guys with gold chains. There couldn't be anything more ridiculous. If anything, the average age of a Corvette owner keeps getting younger and younger. If you're worried about what other people think about what you drive, then you've got self esteem issues to work on. To say that you'd feel "trashy" driving a Vette, which is a $50k+ car when new, has to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Anyone who's a real fan of performance cars will give much due respect to the Corvette. If you've never owned one, then you simply don't know what you're missing.
I am basing it off of perception. Vettes get that reaction alot. AND unfortunatley because of that perception it has soured the look in my eyes. Thats all.

Its no different then when people stop wearing bell bottoms or parachute pants =) If you EVER wore something that was in style one year and STOPPED wearing it the next because you didnt like the look anymore WHY do you think you stopped liking the style? BECAUSE it wasnt in style anymore.

You can flame me all you want but the general reaction i got from people when i told them i was going to buy a Vette was very negative. No matter what you say to yourself that will wear on your decision one way or the other.

flame on...

Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by ScapGF
A stock C5 has 345 hp, I don't see how you would need $20-25k to bring a 298HP G up to that level.

Exhaust(2kmax)
Headers(2kmax)
Vortec SC(6k)
Intake($200)

And you are more than there!

In fact, you probably don't even need the expensive Vortec to make the power, you could knock off 2k more and get the Stillen with a motor warranty!
You're right, you don't need to spend that much to bring the G upto 345hp (crank). But $hit, then we're talking about a new G trying to beat an old vette. Why stop there? Let's get the G to beat a new vette. There are still a lot of good low interest loans out there!

Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Screw chevy get a G

Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted a Vetter for the longest time, hell I still do, but I couldn't see it as a daily driver. Not around where I live at least, always construction going on, bumps in the road and what not. Just felt it would be a High Maintenance car that I really didn't feel like dealing with. Now if I could have my G as my daily and a C6 as my Sunday driver? Man that would be nice.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:07 AM
G35 Looks better!!! American cars are overrated

Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I owned a 2001 Z06 before my 06' G coupe. The vette was very fast and handled great but the quality wasn't there. The car had 30,000 miles on it and I couldn't believe the rattles and problems that started happening. Mostly transmission and ABS problems along with other miscellaneous issues that you wouldn't expect out of a car of that caliber.

I enjoy driving my G more than I did my vette. The G feels very balanced and doesn't rattle and squeek like my Z06 did. My G turns just as many heads from what I can tell.

I'm very pleased with my G thus far and don't regret my decision at all. It's not the fastest car on the road but it sure looks nice and has enough power to keep me happy. I just did my first round of mods and it's running high 13's and I'm happy with that for now.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
A thread resurrected from the dead.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Give the G some time and the rattles will appear. But overall, I think it's better quality. In addition to my current mods, I'd be pretty happy with another 50HP (NA).

And yes, the G really turns heads. I see 'Vettes barking their exhaust to garner looks. And I've had more guys trying to prove something when they see my G than any other car I've had. Several times a day I get a Corvette, Camaro or Mustang, with a wicked exhaust (sometimes sounds like cams as well) revving on me. And the bad thing is that it's hardly ever next to me at a light. I'm talking about guys passing the other direction or (like yesterday) the guy sitting in front of me at a light with cars in front of both of us and nowhere to run. My coupe looks so good (IMO) that they feel compelled to show that they have something of interest under the hood. I'm just driving along and they have to prove they're better/faster.

That says a lot for how good the coupe can look. If I had cool year-round weather and the money to blow, I'd enjoy sending my G to VRT and then really embarass these guys. It used to be so much fun with the '97 Mitsu. GSX... ...I'd really enjoy it in a car that looks this much better.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
well if your thinking about stepping down to a G your obviously gonna lose some power. v8-v6 is obviously stepping down. But yes, going to the G you'll be getting the luxury, backseat, and more room. To get it to the power of the 2000 C5 vette your gonna have to go TT and get all the regular bolt on's to get the HP of the vette.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I do not recommend it. I have a 2004 g35 and a 2001 corvette. I love the g35. But the long term value is not the same as the vette. Vettes never get old and then if you supercharge the vette instead of the G. You would have one hell of a fast car. So I hope I don't upset all of the G drivers on this forum. Besides the hp. The MPG in the vette is also another reason to keep it. Sorry the vette is the way I would go. Really thier is no comparison.

Last edited by jal55; 11-08-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys, old thread!

Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned
Stay with the vet

Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
One of my girl friend had a 02 Vette. The things I had to fix it. Yea its a big bang for your buck but with the quality issue? Sorry but I have to say, I dont see any bright future in domestics. LS1 is a great engine but overall interior, exterior, drive train quality for a used to be 40-50k car, very disapointing. I'm not saying our G better then the Vettes. I do have alot of complaints about the G as well. I say get the C6 if your looking for something really fast,

Last edited by BroDaJin; 11-08-2006 at 01:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member - help convince me to switch from vette to G35Coupe